+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I know they may not be perfect but they have contributed to us being top of the league and the fact that it is the middle of October and we have only lost once at home this year to Portsmouth back in April.

We are in league two and we will have old pro's who have been at the highest level and bring a wealth of valuable experience and players who make mistakes. We just need to make sure that overall the sum is greater than the parts and that is what KN has done and why we are tonight once again sat at the top of league two.
    Great post on another unbelievablely pathetic thread to say we are top of the league, I guess the remoaners need something to progress on from the ‘Wow’ signings thread.

Our two first choice strikers are on the verge of retiring and our two best young midfielders belong to another team. Is it heresy to want a couple of new signings to plan for next season? Or should we wait until the usual mass turnover in June/July?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Of course they are. I would love to see a better replacement for both, but at our level and with our budget it's not easily done.

Mansfield recruited a lot of supposed 'quality' replacements pre-season. Still early days, but I bet just now Hardy is happier than Radford.
    Agreed on all points. However, as the OP suggests, IF we could strengthen in those two positions we could have a real chance for an automatic promotion this season.
    Greatest respect to Stead, always rated him, always been so-so about Duffers.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Our two first choice strikers are on the verge of retiring and our two best young midfielders belong to another team. Is it heresy to want a couple of new signings to plan for next season? Or should we wait until the usual mass turnover in June/July?
    Yes it is heresy. Some posters are quite happy to run out the "Holier than thou" replies than see, and acknowledge, areas for improvement.

Absolutely spot on, but the way some people talk about them with no respect for what they’ve done is wrong. Stead in particular has been a great servant and always gives 100%.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 14-10-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes it is heresy. Some posters are quite happy to run out the "Holier than thou" replies than see, and acknowledge, areas for improvement.
    Conversely, some posters will never be happy until we sign Lionel Messi.

Unfortunately, the nearest we got was Stanley Aborah!!! The key word is 'realism'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Conversely, some posters will never be happy until we sign Lionel Messi.

Unfortunately, the nearest we got was Stanley Aborah!!! The key word is 'realism'.
    I'm taking this as a big compliment to Aborah and will be making you a trustee of the Stanley Aborah fan club. No take backsies!

Please find enclosed a free image of Stanley as a welcoming gift.

I think Duffy is doing OK at the moment and helps having Brisley there who I thought was good today. Stead didn't have the best game and I think this season is maybe one too many. Having said that he's been a good player for us and when we were in the real ****e he often got a ***** goal and always put 100% in. I want ameobi and Forte to start though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I'm taking this as a big compliment to Aborah and will be making you a trustee of the Stanley Aborah fan club. No take backsies!

Please find enclosed a free image of Stanley as a welcoming gift.
    You've caught me out as a closet fan - I will treasure that gift! Out of interest, where is "The lower league Messi" and "The best midfielder outside the Championship" plying his trade these days after his amazing one start career at Portsmouth? I remember reading somewhere that Moniz had been appointed manager in Denmark, maybe one last chance for Sir Stanley to prove all his doubters wrong?

What, like the relatively young midfielder we literally signed like two days ago!?!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast