+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

I can’t think of any decent reason why he starts every game, so the contract thing explains it as good as anything..would love to see Forte and Shola start up front.

It seems pretty obvious that we’re only keeping top spot warm for Luton, but If we can keep picking up the wins in games like today and get re-inforcements in for January, no reason why we can’t go up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He won't have a "must start" clause, I've never heard of anyone having such a clause, loan players will have conditions about how often they're played and if they're not adhered to theres a decent chance they'll get recalled but someone under contract? Nah.

I think it's more a case of him not being the kind of player you'd want to bring off the bench to change a game, if you start Ameobi and Forte and it's not working what's plan B?
    I think if such a clause existed between any club and player we would have heard about it before now, it would be spoken about quite a bit by the pundits on TV. The likes of Robbie Savage and even that nice Mr. Lineker would have a real go at that.

By the way, CUSSP, you didn't say "...read on here", you just said "...remember reading...".

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I think if such a clause existed between any club and player we would have heard about it before now, it would be spoken about quite a bit by the pundits on TV. The likes of Robbie Savage and even that nice Mr. Lineker would have a real go at that.

By the way, CUSSP, you didn't say "...read on here", you just said "...remember reading...".
    Semantics Laxton, you excel at them.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Semantics Laxton, you excel at them.
    Thank-you, , but what did you say, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    If Notts can replace these 2 in January we have a genuine chance of promotion. Stead huffing and puffing his way around to absolutely no effect and mistake ridden Duffy who yet again (remember Accrington) allows the opposition back in the game. Is he captain because he's very good at pointing? which he does whenever he's made a mistake in an attempt to blame elsewhere!

Ryan Yates awesome today after last weeks out of character performance.
    Yep, I like your logic. Let's call for the heads of players who've shown the character and application, to turn a ten game losing streak into a top of the league position.

I wish you were manager

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post
    Yep, I like your logic. Let's call for the heads of players who've shown the character and application, to turn a ten game losing streak into a top of the league position.

I wish you were manager
    People on here want what's best for Notts, which is a matter of opinion. Obviously players need replacing sometimes else you will never progress.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post

I wish you were manager
    My thoughts exactly. Stead and Duffy have both played a significant part in getting us to where we are (beyond my wildest dreams).
    While neither are world-beaters, if Nolan sees them as starters I'm happy to leave it to his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    If Notts can replace these 2 in January we have a genuine chance of promotion. Stead huffing and puffing his way around to absolutely no effect and mistake ridden Duffy who yet again (remember Accrington) allows the opposition back in the game. Is he captain because he's very good at pointing? which he does whenever he's made a mistake in an attempt to blame elsewhere!

Ryan Yates awesome today after last weeks out of character performance.
    I know they may not be perfect but they have contributed to us being top of the league and the fact that it is the middle of October and we have only lost once at home this year to Portsmouth back in April.

We are in league two and we will have old pro's who have been at the highest level and bring a wealth of valuable experience and players who make mistakes. We just need to make sure that overall the sum is greater than the parts and that is what KN has done and why we are tonight once again sat at the top of league two.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Stead and Duffy have both played a significant part in getting us to where we are (beyond my wildest dreams).
    While neither are world-beaters, if Nolan sees them as starters I'm happy to leave it to his judgement.
    Yes but....Stead has struggled for a couple of seasons and Duffy is there because Hollis is the only alternative. While I respect the contribution of both I would also say they are replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes but....Stead has struggled for a couple of seasons and Duffy is there because Hollis is the only alternative. While I respect the contribution of both I would also say they are replaceable.
    Of course they are. I would love to see a better replacement for both, but at our level and with our budget it's not easily done.

Mansfield recruited a lot of supposed 'quality' replacements pre-season. Still early days, but I bet just now Hardy is happier than Radford.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast