+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

If Notts can replace these 2 in January we have a genuine chance of promotion. Stead huffing and puffing his way around to absolutely no effect and mistake ridden Duffy who yet again (remember Accrington) allows the opposition back in the game. Is he captain because he's very good at pointing? which he does whenever he's made a mistake in an attempt to blame elsewhere!

Ryan Yates awesome today after last weeks out of character performance.

Thought Duffy and the keeper were both unlucky with the goal on first watch, Duffy had to do something to stop the original ball and was unlucky it fell perfectly for the Barnet player and Fitz looked like he almost managed to keep the shot out as he had done earlier with probably the best save I've seen this season.

When you see it again. Duffy could of done one of 2 things. Have a touch into the space in front of him and then clear the ball. Or, put it in Row Z the County Road. He does neither, indecisive!! Compare him to Brisley who does almost everything simply and well. Not a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    When you see it again. Duffy could of done one of 2 things. Have a touch into the space in front of him and then clear the ball. Or, put it in Row Z the County Road. He does neither, indecisive!! Compare him to Brisley who does almost everything simply and well. Not a leader.
    I'll gladly watch it again but I remember the ball coming in quickly, slightly behind him and he stretched backwards to stop it, he definitely didn't have time to control it and take a touch unless I'm thinking of another incident

For some reason Stead is undroppable. I remember reading that there was a clause in his contract that he had to start if fit (in his first season). Would explain how he gets so many starts if this is still the case.

Duffy is decent enough at this level but I agree that we could improve in January. Replacing these 2 with better players would put us in with a good shout for an automatic spot, also taking Noble into consideration.

He won't have a "must start" clause, I've never heard of anyone having such a clause, loan players will have conditions about how often they're played and if they're not adhered to theres a decent chance they'll get recalled but someone under contract? Nah.

I think it's more a case of him not being the kind of player you'd want to bring off the bench to change a game, if you start Ameobi and Forte and it's not working what's plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I remember reading that there was a clause in his contract that he had to start if fit (in his first season).

Quote Originally Posted by tripie View Post
    I did say read on here..

He's been awful at times in the 3 seasons yet starts every game regardless.

We're top lads, chill out.

Understand it with Stead tbf, but Duffy has been consistently very good since January.

Last season my lad had Stead printed on his shirt , this season both of us are glad he didn't ! Duffy is no great shakes but can still do a job, just !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast