+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes but....Stead has struggled for a couple of seasons and Duffy is there because Hollis is the only alternative. While I respect the contribution of both I would also say they are replaceable.
    This is massively disingenuous about Duffy, to be honest. He's not only there because Hollis is the only alternative, he's there because Nolan decided to give him a new contract and planned around him being a first choice centre back, which has proven to be a fine decision so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    What, like the relatively young midfielder we literally signed like two days ago!?!
    A signing you presumably disagreed with because the current squad are good enough and no changes are needed, ever.

This is massively disingenuous about Duffy, to be honest. He's not only there because Hollis is the only alternative, he's there because Nolan decided to give him a new contract and planned around him being a first choice centre back, which has proven to be a fine decision so far.
    Personally I don't rate Duffy as a defender.

Too small, not quick, clumsy, makes mistakes and seems to have brittle confidence.

I get the points about leader, good guy etc buy I'd rather look at what his output on the pitch is and he makes a couple of clangers a match.

If we had 2 Brisleys we'd be almost certainties for promotion.

We're top lads, chill out.

Understand it with Stead tbf, but Duffy has been consistently very good since January.
    Not for the last 3 games he asn't-imo.
    Hardly ever wins an header against the attacker and blames everyone else when he makes mistakes. We need a good commanding centre half and Duffy isn't that person.

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38677851]Of course they are. I would love to see a better replacement for both, but at our level and with our budget it's not easily done.

We have a spare £100,000 available what we saved on Noble

Stead's new nickname is one touch.

One touch and he's lost the ball. Also his shooting is weak and he isn't quick enough.

Don't get me wrong. I would love him to score a hatful of goals but I can't see it happening. He has been a good servant but maybe it is time to retire.

He's only called "one touch" because it's so bad he rarely get's a second touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    A signing you presumably disagreed with because the current squad are good enough and no changes are needed, ever.

Yes. Because that's how running a football club works. You compile a squad that you believe is good enough to meet your targets then rest on your laurels, ignore any opportunities that present themselves, and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Stead's new nickname is one touch.

One touch and he's lost the ball. Also his shooting is weak and he isn't quick enough.

Don't get me wrong. I would love him to score a hatful of goals but I can't see it happening. He has been a good servant but maybe it is time to retire.
    2 goals from open play in his past 26 appearances, definitely more than a drought.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    When you see it again. Duffy could of done one of 2 things. Have a touch into the space in front of him and then clear the ball. Or, put it in Row Z the County Road. He does neither, indecisive!! Compare him to Brisley who does almost everything simply and well. Not a leader.
    80th minute....winning 2-0, reasonably comfortable = Row Z

That goal gave Barnet a huge lift and almost cost us the 3 points.....how the heck did Barnet miss the absolute sitter on 96 minutes?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast