+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time to go Messrs Stead & Duffy

I think Duffy has been ok overall, not perfect but then, if he was he would probably be playing in higher leagues and not for us. Face facts, this is L2 we nor any other L2 team will have top rated defenders, mid-fielders or strikers, if they are that good, they move on. please be realistic
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 15-10-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I think Duffy has been ok overall, not perfect but then, if he was he would probably be playing in higher leagues and not for us. Face facts, this is L2 we nor any other L2 team will have top rated defenders, mid-fielders or strikers, if they are that good, they move on. please be realistic
    Realistically, the top couple of clubs in any league have some players good enough to play a league higher, but finding them in the first place and then keeping them is an ability practised by top managers. Do we have top players? For this league, yes, we have some, a top manager? Yes, I think we have.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Realistically, the top couple of clubs in any league have some players good enough to play a league higher, but finding them in the first place and then keeping them is an ability practised by top managers. Do we have top players? For this league, yes, we have some, a top manager? Yes, I think we have.
    We do have a top manager and some decent players for this league but that doesn't mean we can't find better in one or two areas.

Personally I'd love us to sign George Hirst on loan from Sheffield Wednesday. We couldn't get him in the summer due to wages, but Wednesday might be prepared to chip in more come January. I like Steady, but competition for places is paramount and I have a feeling Hirst would score loads at this level.

Anyone that thinks Steads terrible is either on drugs or never played the game. Have you seen the service he gets? Hes just there to try and make the ball stick whilst other players join, for his age I think he works his socks off too. Having said that I do think we need something different as an option, a nippy fox in the box sort of player, dunno if hirst fits that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Anyone that thinks Steads terrible is either on drugs or never played the game. Have you seen the service he gets? Hes just there to try and make the ball stick whilst other players join, for his age I think he works his socks off too. Having said that I do think we need something different as an option, a nippy fox in the box sort of player, dunno if hirst fits that bill.
    If we had a better Jon Forte we'd challenge for the title imo, pity they don't grow on trees or come cheap.

we need something different as an option, a nippy fox in the box sort of player, dunno if hirst fits that bill.
    According to my Wednesday supporting mate he's exactly that type of player. He's got 15 goals in 24 games for the England U17-20 sides. He just can't get a game at Wednesday because he has Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher and Jordon Rhodes ahead of him. Leicester had a £2million bid turned down in the summer.

My mate also says he's a bit of a bigheaded dick around Sheffield because of his family links, but then we have just re-signed Liam Noble.

Aless achieved it at Exeter.....2 minutes.....chip.....1-0........I'm not saying saying Stead is terrible.....but we need different options....banging the high ball up to two big strikers only works so far, the oppo figure it out........one biggie plus a nippy striker improves our odds

Anyone that thinks Steads terrible is either on drugs or never played the game. Have you seen the service he gets? Hes just there to try and make the ball stick whilst other players join
    That's the problem though. The ball doesn't stick any more.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345