+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A Genuine Promotion Challenge ???

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just checked year ending books. Rotherham turnover 13.3 million
    Staff wage 9.9 million.
    Debt 1.3 million

Huddersfield turnover
    11.3 million
    Staff wage 12.5 million
    Debt 42.3 million

From these figures alone it's obvious why Huddersfields budget is not on the same level as ours and don't forget this season they finished near us at the bottom..
    So we made more money than them not by much though.

However they sold a lot like you mentioned below this post we could have done that if we had proper training facilities. Oh well we got them now so let’s look to the future

There is more than a good chance we'll be back in the championship next season. If we do are the Rotherham public going to back the club this time. We've got the best chairman we could have. Make it that we've got to increase the ground capacity then there's more than a good chance we won't be in the relegation zone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I paid 460 for my season ticket last year please tell me what you did to get yours at 360 I could have saved 100 quid.
    Also the price range for an adult season ticket that year for Huddersfield varied depending where you sat. ( they have a more freaky system of pricing) I don’t know if 400 is top price or average price but I do know it varies depending where your sat, unlike us they have 3-5 category’s (not sure on number) I wasn’t paying that much attention (I’d look it up but last time I did that I got spammed with qpr crap)

You’ve clearly missed my point on Huddersfield’s income. Huddersfield sold players but only brought in players with a faction of the money they made. That money they had was growing over the years from sales they made add it up on a calculator

I don’t know there wage bill but if I cared that much I could look it up unfortunately I don’t care that much but if I remember right it was balanced

Point is though to do what they did would require us to sell players to other clubs while only using a fraction of the money to buy for about 5 seasons (can’t see it happening)
    Here's a link to this season and I believe it was the same last season.
    https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...--on-sale-now/
    Btw my season ticket was over a grand as I use the hospitality and those prices for udders were for renewing pricing..

I didn't miss your point. I get buying cheap selling high. It's over time that happens like Barnsley have been doing
    My point was when udders were spending the amount we were and getting in those players they only just survived in the division.. it wasn't until they sold those players and spent the extra that they finish near the top.

Those figures I gave you didn't Inc the 6.9 million for players sold. There wage bill should tell you things are not adding up there. It's 110% of there income

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    There is more than a good chance we'll be back in the championship next season. If we do are the Rotherham public going to back the club this time. We've got the best chairman we could have. Make it that we've got to increase the ground capacity then there's more than a good chance we won't be in the relegation zone all the time.
    Our average gate has increased dramatically since we moved into NYS but it's unlikely to grow further unless the financial situation of the club improves dramatically to allow us to compete at a decent level in the Championship.
    It's highly unlikely that this will happen but hopefully the finances of the club will remain stable under the control of the Stewart family.
    We are what we are which is a club that is comfortable in League 1 and one that may occasionally flirt with the Championship. Under these circumstances there is absolutely no need to increase the capacity of the stadium as we will rarely attract crowds of more than 11000.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Here's a link to this season and I believe it was the same last season.
    https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...--on-sale-now/
    Btw my season ticket was over a grand as I use the hospitality and those prices for udders were for renewing pricing..

I didn't miss your point. I get buying cheap selling high. It's over time that happens like Barnsley have been doing
    My point was when udders were spending the amount we were and getting in those players they only just survived in the division.. it wasn't until they sold those players and spent the extra that they finish near the top.

Those figures I gave you didn't Inc the 6.9 million for players sold. There wage bill should tell you things are not adding up there. It's 110% of there income
    Yeah I imagine part of the money they sold players for was to pay wages as well but if you look at 15/16 14/15 13/14 on Huddersfield transfer window they sold players then as well.

Point is if we can keep a championship side together while selling players we have extra of we can do the same thing.

Even if we do all that it’s not garenteed we will go into prem but one thing is for certain it will take 5 years at least to do, but I believe one day we will be in premiership then we will be in top half championship for many years sailing on parachute payments

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Our average gate has increased dramatically since we moved into NYS but it's unlikely to grow further unless the financial situation of the club improves dramatically to allow us to compete at a decent level in the Championship.
    It's highly unlikely that this will happen but hopefully the finances of the club will remain stable under the control of the Stewart family.
    We are what we are which is a club that is comfortable in League 1 and one that may occasionally flirt with the Championship. Under these circumstances there is absolutely no need to increase the capacity of the stadium as we will rarely attract crowds of more than 11000.
    Problem is no one wants to sit near away fans in family stand not to mention single seats no one wants to buy because they want to go with someone.

Personally I think if we got in championship and upgraded stadium we will get a full stadium especially with clubs like piggys derby forest hull shef u , villa and Birmingham

I interpreted TS's comments on having a similar budget to Hudds as being related to the 80 odd players who came and went under SE.
    Hudds presumably had a turnover over of a lot less players but spent more on average salaries and transfers.
    Our average expenditure was a lot less but we recruited a lot more players.
    The total expenditure over say four seasons was similar

"More than a good chance..." Good to see your terrible punditry is not restricted to impoverishing yourself on the horses. It's supposed to be a free country and if "the Rotherham public" have better things to spend their time and money on than watching a poor standard of football then it's surely up to them?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    "More than a good chance..." Good to see your terrible punditry is not restricted to impoverishing yourself on the horses. It's supposed to be a free country and if "the Rotherham public" have better things to spend their time and money on than watching a poor standard of football then it's surely up to them?
    I am back so you can stop bullying gwru now and turn your attention to me but keep that shotgun in a locked cabinet that is fit for purpose.

Doubt if we'll ever get many more fans that we have had recently gwru..rotherham is an overspill town from sheffield and has been for years..the town has loads of wednesday and united fans in it as you must well know.. barnsley have their fare share as well but are gifted having a few fans coming from wakefield etc ( I know a few wakey reds ).. we havent got that, instead weve got barnsley, the two sheffield clubs and of course donny, who've also got the united /wednesday mob plus a fair leeds following..when I was younger, I used to be told we used to get this crowd and we used to get that crowd and yes on occasion weve filled millmoor ..but put the history of our attendances on and youll see that although league attendances were better for us sometimes, so were the other clubs..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast