+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Genuine Promotion Challenge ???

A Genuine Promotion Challenge ???

Doing very well at the moment and within striking distance of the top two .

Can you go the distance guys ?

Impressive run of form at the moment and some notable scalps , very pleased for you millers after last season's campaign .

Hope you can understand this,I hope we have a good season it's better than last season already.Can we go the distance,yes do I want to,yes,no.You can only do what you have got to but if we go back up would we be any better than our disaster of a season & championship are no championship I don't want us to go through that again.So I don't want to come across as negative supporter just a honest one.

Cheers animal

I’m going Tuesday and Saturday if we come away from them with 4 points I’ll be happy.

In answer to your question it’s a possibility atm

Weird this. Want us to do well but if and it’s a big if, we went up, it would be another nightmare. So It’s a no to promotion from me until we get the infrastructure right.

I guess it's a positive sign that nobody has mentioned yet the mythical 50 points for safety. Dam, I just did

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Weird this. Want us to do well but if and it’s a big if, we went up, it would be another nightmare. So It’s a no to promotion from me until we get the infrastructure right.
    That's my concern Pete,we will get some on calling us negative but it's not it's a true concern from the long in the tooth supporters.I always want us to do well but not just for winning sake,it's got to be the right time.

Not only are we good going forward but we are starting to look good at the back now with 3 consecutive clean sheets which is a recipe for success. I predict if we can get Moore permanent or at least until the end of the season then we will get promoted or come very close to like losing in the playoffs.

Can’t argue with that

I sort of get that pete but you need to also strike whilst the iron is hot .

League one is a tough league but this season it looks fairly light of big clubs and I think there's an opportunity for you guys to bounce back .

Next season could see you competing with Sunderland , Bolton as well as Blackburn again .

You have to take the opportunity when you get it , in our part of the championship the step up isn't that big , the test of course is against the money clubs .

A promotion with sensible investment may see you ok , yes you were well short last season but don't let that deter you , there are some very average teams in the championship that you can compete with .

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Cheers animal

I’m going Tuesday and Saturday if we come away from them with 4 points I’ll be happy.

In answer to your question it’s a possibility atm
    I'll be happy too with the four points

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast