+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding our feet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’d like to see us trying to get the ball down in defence and play out. Too much hoof out of defence for me..... and it’s coming straight back to us... too many times. Hoof out, Bradders jumps, back it comes,.... too many times. I don’t know the answer but we are getting pinned back too much... Any ideas?
    All about creating the angles to be able to play out jules , young inexperienced players , comes with time does that one mate , John Stones hasn't grasped it yet so some of this bunch may find it a tad harder .

As said they are a talented bunch Hecky has assembled, I think after January we will have come on leaps and bounds when Yids has finally gone and McBurnie arrives.
    I still believe Jackson is League 1 at best at Angus should be partnering Lindsey! Jury is out on Pearson for now!
    Don’t understand how Mallan doesn’t even get on the bench, however you can tell McGeehan is quality and will be in the Premiership soon.

I’d like to see us trying to get the ball down in defence and play out. Too much hoof out of defence for me..... and it’s coming straight back to us... too many times. Hoof out, Bradders jumps, back it comes,.... too many times. I don’t know the answer but we are getting pinned back too much... Any ideas?

Agree

And I think that sort of backs up the argument against 1 up front Jules, especially when its either Bradshaw or Ugbo on their own as they dont have the height against lanky beanpole defenders. No this doesnt prove 2 up front as a better idea of course, it just suggests what your saying that the hoof stuff isnt a good idea for us.

Ponty, you suggest Mallan to get a chance in midfield instead of Potts. Well Id like to see that as well and Im still asking questions right now as to why this kid has been dropped like a stone ?. And by the way in the long run, I dont think Alex Mowatt will play another game for us to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And I think that sort of backs up the argument against 1 up front Jules, especially when its either Bradshaw or Ugbo on their own as they dont have the height against lanky beanpole defenders. No this doesnt prove 2 up front as a better idea of course, it just suggests what your saying that the hoof stuff isnt a good idea for us.

Ponty, you suggest Mallan to get a chance in midfield instead of Potts. Well Id like to see that as well and Im still asking questions right now as to why this kid has been dropped like a stone ?. And by the way in the long run, I dont think Alex Mowatt will play another game for us to be honest.
    The consensus of opinion on here is stick with the plan , recruit young , inexperienced but hungry young footballers .

You can't expect a squad full of them to go out and perform like seasoned pro's , it is what it is .

The first time one of our defenders tries playing out from the back , gets caught and costs us the game you will be wanting him strung up acido or on Hecky's back for allowing him to play that way .

Your never going to see the full package with this plan unless they are allowed to develop and remain here for longer than the length of their current deals and that means having the patience to accept last minute winners going against us and hoofing the ball away .

So your happy with the 'plan' Animal and that we should carry on with it for the next X amount of years ?.

"recruit young, inexperienced but hungry young footballers. You can't expect a squad full of them to go out and perform like seasoned pro's , it is what it is."

How long should we have to keep doing this though, where every single season is a struggle because we're having to recruit and if we do well with a young player, they get sold in January for a profit anyway and we're continually back to square one again.
    I find this really frustrating that we're possibly faced with this scenario for a long time to come.

So your happy with the 'plan' Animal and that we should carry on with it for the next X amount of years ?.

"recruit young, inexperienced but hungry young footballers. You can't expect a squad full of them to go out and perform like seasoned pro's , it is what it is."

How long should we have to keep doing this though, where every single season is a struggle because we're having to recruit and if we do well with a young player, they get sold in January for a profit anyway and we're continually back to square one again.
    I find this really frustrating that we're possibly faced with this scenario for a long time to come.
    The plan isn't going to change , the new ownership should give us the clout to keep them here and actually build something which I can buy into , the selling of the talent was where my beef was .especially to clubs in our own league .

I think we need one or two older heads and I said so in the summer but that isn't going to happen .

Watching young players is frustrating but people need to realise that young players can't play out from the back like Barca and you have to play the percentage's , a long ball in anycase doesn't always equate to challenging centre backs in the air , they can be played into the channels for runners to pick up .

This group is 12 to 18 months off reaching it's potential and they will be many more mistakes to come along with performances such as Sunderland .

The last crop couldn't win a game to save their lives for two months in league one I'd suggest these lads are a bit in front of them which is encouraging .

And thats where I also see a chance of a 'way out', surely we should still sign some players who are in their late 20s to mid 30s if they are right for us!.
    What for example, if a player who could do a great job in the Champship for a season or more and if he became available to us at the right price etc.. Should we be so ridiculous to ignore him because hes 26yrs or over ?. That is just stupid to be honest and thats why I wish we could at least make changes to this 'plan'.

How many seasons have we struggled since we started buying players this way 3 or 4 seasons ago ? I think they’ve been some of the most enjoyable
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 19-10-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Wiv allus been a selling club Sam. Even Mister Lee (peace be upon him) al not turn darn a few million if we polish a diamond ageean. He'll not want to be throwing the brass away he's made on land deals on the players budget.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast