+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding our feet ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wiv allus been a selling club Sam. Even Mister Lee (peace be upon him) al not turn darn a few million if we polish a diamond ageean. He'll not want to be throwing the brass away he's made on land deals on the players budget.
    And that is set in stones is it SB ( see what I did there )

We can't go to another level because that's the way things have always gone down .

Why can't we with the security of better investment behind us begin to change the culture and see the fruits of our labour instead of other clubs benefiting .

To progress the norm needs to be challenged , you do want progression SB don't you ?

The next step for me. Takeover, or not would be to start signing the Fletcher's, Drinkwaters, Barnes' out right. That would be the natural progression for me.

And Mister Lee told his people, "Go find me a debt free club with land assets that I can buy cheap. Tell the fans I'm in it for the long run and will change the culture backed by money I will just give to them".
    And his people laughed and said, "What if some see through your plan Mister Lee ?"
    And Mister Lee replied," They won't my people, they won't."

Ok Nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Ok Nostradamus
    Mister Lee likes a profit, not a prophet Ponte. (See what I did there)

Mister Lee likes profit, not prophet Ponte. (See what I did there)

Mister Lee likes a profit, not a prophet Ponte. (See what I did there)
    Aye he's not unlike our present ownership in that respect is he .

It may well be that the written history of our club shows Patrick Cryne to have been an evil capitalist and Mister Lee a knight in shining armour but a wouldn't put mi winter fuel allowance on it.

(Av dun fo day nar, evvin mi rocket and tuna salad and off to gym. Will Charity get Vanessa back into bed? Vanessa enjoyed it last time. Mr Lee bashing to continue tomorrow where needed for balance. )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-10-2017 at 11:17 AM.

You've gone for a tug ant ya SBRed

It may well be that the written history of our club shows Patrick Cryne to have been an evil capitalist and Mister Lee a knight in shining armour but a wouldn't put mi winter fuel allowance on it.

(Av dun fo day nar, evvin mi rocket and tuna salad and off to gym. Will Charity get Vanessa back into bed? Vanessa enjoyed it last time. Mr Lee bashing to continue tomorrow where needed for balance. )
    The history is already written with regard to the present ownership .

Man rescues club , man invests in club and man sells club at double the investment put in , a succesful business project that's benefited all parties , nothing more and nothing less .

No evil capitalist here just the facts .

The history regarding the new ownership is yet to be written , anything forwarded is pure speculation and opinion but not factual .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast