+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding our feet ?

I can understand fellow fans frustration when we have to rebuild every season, when the unpolished diamonds we collected begin to gleam and are sold for a profit, but i can see this not always being the case. What is needed is a little patience for now. Eventually we will have made enough profit for us not to need to sell our new found gems, who we have now on longer contacts and keep them for at least another season. The team basically remains the same with just a few new recruits to improve it. The squad would already have gelled, giving us stability, and be able to hit the ground running at the beginning of the season. The better we perform, the higher our league position, the more attractive we become to young and hungry players from" bigger" club's. Youngsters that are on the fringe of thier premiership/championship first team and wanting to play every week and not just as a sub. These players that we would normally sign on loan would now be bought outright, thus our lot improves. We get better with time, we just need to be patient.
    I know this isn't going to happen over night but, I believe it will happen as long as we stick to the plan we have set ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I can understand fellow fans frustration when we have to rebuild every season, when the unpolished diamonds we collected begin to gleam and are sold for a profit, but i can see this not always being the case. What is needed is a little patience for now. Eventually we will have made enough profit for us not to need to sell our new found gems, who we have now on longer contacts and keep them for at least another season. The team basically remains the same with just a few new recruits to improve it. The squad would already have gelled, giving us stability, and be able to hit the ground running at the beginning of the season. The better we perform, the higher our league position, the more attractive we become to young and hungry players from" bigger" club's. Youngsters that are on the fringe of thier premiership/championship first team and wanting to play every week and not just as a sub. These players that we would normally sign on loan would now be bought outright, thus our lot improves. We get better with time, we just need to be patient.
    I know this isn't going to happen over night but, I believe it will happen as long as we stick to the plan we have set ourselves.

Correct mate. I think the key to keeping the plan moving forward is managerial stability too. By that I mean if Hecky leaves we have a member of the coaching staff move up and so on and so on. We all know that changing manager regularly isn't successful, Mr Cryne sacked a fair few in his time and we went backwards. If we promote from within the camp then the style and regime shouldn't change a great deal.

If you look back most of our appointments from within over the modern era has seen the club hit it's peaks. Hunter followed Clarke- promotion. Wilson followed Anderson- promotion to the prem. Ritchie followed Hart- promotion. Hecky followed the dwarf- promotion

I fear this consortium will chop and change managers which will see us struggle. I hope I'm wrong but foreign owners aren't exactly renowned for their patience are they.

Just because some fans don't like the idea of this takeover doesn't mean they're stuck in the dark ages or don't want to go forward. Maybe they look at the long term and see this plan that we currently have as a way to stabilise the club. I believe the plan will work in time, trouble is folk seem to want it all now. I'd see these foreign owners back where they came from personally, certainly if their intentions aren't honourable.

Pat Cryne has set a successful structure up for this club to become self sustainable and run by the fans. It's working and will work even better given time and patience. With all the shyte that goes off in football these days and the way money orientates things most of our fans seem to have been hoodwinked into believing the foreign investment is the only way we can compete at this level, call me a dinosaur or whatever but I beg to differ.

Good lad Pass well sed anorl , keepit brief tho am struggling to reedit at my age !!! All evta gu t specsavas ageeun

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good lad Pass well sed anorl , keepit brief tho am struggling to reedit at my age !!! All evta gu t specsavas ageeun

If tha can see it/find it (specsavers) that is mate

Pass would you put in any extra money out of your own pocket mate? Would you Roma? Whose running club if we aren't taken over and whose keeping us self sufficient? Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth fairy anyone? Aye thought not

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Pass would you put in any extra money out of your own pocket mate? Would you Roma? Whose running club if we aren't taken over and whose keeping us self sufficient? Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth fairy anyone? Aye thought not
    It's a fair question Steve. I just recall Pat Cryne saying that he'd like to pass the club onto the supporters one day when he retires. I don't know who that would be exactly but I would've thought he had a group in mind. Obviously life has taken a terrible turn for the worse for Mr Cryne and his family which leaves them with different priorities and the club in a situation that wasn't really contemplated.

I think the foundations are in place and the plan up to now has been successful so why not try to build on that? If the club has turned over a major profit with player sales then surely there's a decent purse for somebody to work with and manage. Who that would be, we'll your guess is as good as mine. It's all hypothetical ennyrooard mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's a fair question Steve. I just recall Pat Cryne saying that he'd like to pass the club onto the supporters one day when he retires. I don't know who that would be exactly but I would've thought he had a group in mind. Obviously life has taken a terrible turn for the worse for Mr Cryne and his family which leaves them with different priorities and the club in a situation that wasn't really contemplated.

I think the foundations are in place and the plan up to now has been successful so why not try to build on that? If the club has turned over a major profit with player sales then surely there's a decent purse for somebody to work with and manage. Who that would be, we'll your guess is as good as mine. It's all hypothetical ennyrooard mate.

I really don't know, but do you think that any new owner who reportedly is paying £20 million for the club will also inherit the purse you refer to [ought to be around £10 -15 mill]
    That means they will effectively be paying around £5 mill for the club plus what BMBC want
    I don't think so as I don't think the purse will be offered
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Deal not done yet . Problems occurring !

I think we could have guessed that but
    what problems?

I don't think so either. There's too many imponderables to contemplate Exile. Perhaps Mr Cryne was going to leave a purse for a fans consortium after taking out what he'd put on over the years? Who knows, foooked if I do

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast