+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Finding our feet ?

No further questions M'Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    How many seasons have we struggled since we started buying players this way 3 or 4 seasons ago ? I think they’ve been some of the most enjoyable
    But they were seasons in Lg One to begin with Esr, and I & surely the rest of us now want us to raise our hopes a bit more and for us be a bit more positive in an attempt to stay up in the Champship.
    Im disappointed in this so called plan and believe me its not because it means we have to be a selling club. I have to accept that, but it also pees me off when the new summer batch of young players start well and we decide to cash in quickly when a naff Prem club come in and offer their £millions!.
    So what does this mean eh ?, it means we are just left at square one again in the summer and its another pre-season of rebuilding the squad and this offers us nothing to look forward to. We are a suitcase club right now unfortunately, and this plan offers us absolutely NO security whatsoever.
    Last edited by Acido; 20-10-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But they were seasons in Lg One to begin with Esr, and I and surely the rest of us now want us to stay up in the Champship.
    Im disappointed in this so called plan and believe me its not because it means we have to be a so called selling club. I have to accept that, but it pees me off when the new summer batch of players start well and we decide to cash in quickly when a naff Prem club come in and offer their £millions!.
    So we are just left at square one again in the summer and its another pre-season of rebuilding the squad.
    We are a suitcase club right now, this plan offers us absolutely NO long term security, and in fact it doesnt offer any securite at all does it ?.
    The plan in my opinion is getting judged on the events since January and it's perhaps giving a false picture .

The club needs to be sold , to ensure the owner receives the best possible price he needed to make the club financially solvent to attract a buyer .

Under any normal circumstances I would expect the club to offer competitive deals to Watkins , Scowen , Roberts , Yiadom and keep James Bree here a little longer too , Mawson , Winnall and Hourihane were never going to stay in my opinion .

We are always going to lose a player every now and again , Man Utd couldn't keep Ronhaldo and Liverpool couldn't hold onto Suarez .

I would expect the club to be able to hold on to it's better players under new ownership and start to build something positive .

If the club start selling the Lindsay's and co then expect the HC to be moving on fairly shortly too .

He's only stayed to see if things change in my opinion under the new ownership , if it happens .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 20-10-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Yes ManUre did eventually sell the kid Ronaldo Animal, and we sell players as well for about a tenner compared to those deals.
    I hate the transfer market in this country, but we should at least be looking to get what we 'deserve' for our star players and cant we at least turn down some offers now. Havent we gained a decent enough bank balance now where we can hold out for better offers ?.

I agree that summat has got to happen now or soon regarding the takeover, and Im worried about what that means of course.
    I just dont see this current ownership carrying on because of the sad news we've all heard, so thats why I think or hope it will go through. Fingers crossed eh!!.

Im disappointed in this so called plan
    Each to their own I suppose . I think it’s been excellent

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Each to their own I suppose . I think it’s been excellent
    Use the quote or mis-quote to support your argument Esr, but for me anyway its not been EXCELLENT.

Use the quote or mis-quote to support your argument Esr, but for me anyway its not been EXCELLENT.
    Not sure what you mean with the quote or mis-quote , no need to shout either

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567