+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Taylor..no cover..must be a 3 at the back then?

No Taylor..no cover..must be a 3 at the back then?

Got to be, Chester Terry Samba with Hournane and Elmo wing back. I wouldn't play 442 and a play a right back at left back against wolves as we will get torn apart!

Agree?

Not for me TD
    Each time Bruce has attempted operating with 3 at the back it always makes me feel like we’re an accident waiting to happen
    To retain the same system we’re currently employing I think these are our alternatives
    Hutton,De Laet,Bree & Bjarnason the first 3 are predominately right sided players as for Bjarnason his position, favoured side are open to debate
    De Laet I believe played games at L/Back for Boro in their promotion winning season
    Bree has had 2 seasons experience in this league with Barnsley added to that he has youth & energy on his side + Bruce has been known to play people out of position
    We then have the option of taking a gamble on these 3 from the youth academy
    Mitch Clark a right sided C/D but still has to be mentioned after his sterling’, tenacious display at L/Back against Wigan
    Jacob Bedeau although a C/D he is a natural left footer
    Oscar Borg a left footer playing at left back his true position
    I know that the games we have to face without Taylor are huge,but I would rather go with either someone who has played/ playing at L/Back - De Laet ,Clark,Borg or the left footed Bedeau and therefore retain the shape of the current team than gamble again on playing the 3
    I also feel the overall experience of the team let alone defenders Terry,Chester & Elohamady should be a big plus for either one of those 4 during the game

UTV

Fair point but if we show any weakness it could expose the lack of pace by Terry! You just know wolves are going to come at us with tempo from the opening minute

On what we’ve seen so far against arguably weaker teams than Wolves,I feel our greatest weakness would be employing the 3 at the back & whilst it maybe backs to the wall in the next 3 games lets not forget the shape & formation that has reaped us such a good recent set of results & while Taylor is a loss we knew it was always on the cards as for Terry well you can never lose what you never had - pace

UTV

Johnstone
    Elmo Terry Chester adomah
    Snoddy whelan Horihane Gabby
    Davis Kodjia

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Johnstone
    Elmo Terry Chester adomah
    Snoddy whelan Horihane Gabby
    Davis Kodjia
    Sound idea Bongo !

Yes lets ignore everyone else, move/shuffle anyone anywhere, so we can include the dysfunctional Agonawol our (cough) Striker now in his 12th season with 74 league goals

I estimate if someone (as batty as Bongo) or perhaps Gabby’s mum awards Agonawol another 5 year deal he would certainly gain entry to Guinness Book of Records as the longest drawn-out attempt ever to reach 100 league goals

At his current strike rate Gabby should reach his century to coincide with Peter Sutcliffe’s release from Frankland Prison

Meanwhile back on planet earth..Oscar Borg gets my vote as cover for Taylor ?

Why dint we brig Amavi back off loan as they should have bought him anyway - now he is a fully fledged international

DeLaet did well against Boro. I vote for him.

I think the answer is simple. Just play Gabby at at left wing back, this is the opportunity he has been waiting for right bongo?

I think he could do a job there Dave. We have already seen two of my suggestions of left back come true recently with Delph and Ashley Young.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)