+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth(home)predictions

Plymouth(home)predictions

Woes continue against the bottom teams as we turn up expecting them to roll over.
    1-2 loss

Hard to say. i dont like doing predictions as Rovers are just too inconsistent to say. Either a 1-0 win or a 0-2 home loss.Depends which team turns up. Most supporters I talk to want \Mowbray sacking already. This is a tad silly,given we are in touching distance of the play-offs. But certainly not getting the best out of the squad.

Rovers 3 Ply mouth 1

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Rovers 3 Ply mouth 1
    Alf! That was what I was going for. Now I'll have to opt for 4-1.

1-1 - poor game. Poor sods from Plymouth having to trail up to East lancs on a tue night is disgusting.
    Plymouth drew with Shrewsbury at weekend, but remember its ONLY Rovers who drop points against the bottom sides.
    This game is perfect for Chapman to start. This 'only' playing him for 30 mins a game has to change. Conway turned in a shocking display on Sat. He is unfit, slow at the best of times, and simply turns inside onto his right foot, and passes it backwards or sideways. He offers no support to the fullback. I keep hearing this is the reason Chapman cant play all match? But him playing mens 2 oppo players have to mark him. He scares their defence. What we haven't figured out yet, is we will always have a spare man when that happens. We are not capitalising on this. Start the game on the front foot, attack them early and create chances early. Open them up. The whole division knows that after 60 mins what we are going to do. So time for that to stop, as its not worked since shrewsbury away.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    1-1 - poor game. Poor sods from Plymouth having to trail up to East lancs on a tue night is disgusting.
    Plymouth drew with Shrewsbury at weekend, but remember its ONLY Rovers who drop points against the bottom sides.
    This game is perfect for Chapman to start. This 'only' playing him for 30 mins a game has to change. Conway turned in a shocking display on Sat. He is unfit, slow at the best of times, and simply turns inside onto his right foot, and passes it backwards or sideways. He offers no support to the fullback. I keep hearing this is the reason Chapman cant play all match? But him playing mens 2 oppo players have to mark him. He scares their defence. What we haven't figured out yet, is we will always have a spare man when that happens. We are not capitalising on this. Start the game on the front foot, attack them early and create chances early. Open them up. The whole division knows that after 60 mins what we are going to do. So time for that to stop, as its not worked since shrewsbury away.
    Champs - it is clear from TM's comments that he feels we badly miss Lenihan. I suspect the reason Mowbray has often fielded both Smallwood and Evans is because they provide more protection for the defence. However, it doesn't look as if Evans is going to be fit until the weekend, so I imagine we'll see Whittingham alongside Smallwood.
    Perhaps he will go back to using Antonsson wide-left, but I doubt that Chapman will start, given Bennett's good form. (I think the first two games of the season have made Mowbray very cautious about a wholesale attacking line-up).
    Did Nuttall and Wharton play for the Under-23s on Monday evening? If so, they clearly won't be considered, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nyambe in.
    That still leaves a second striker. Will Graham and Samuel both play? Certainly, Graham needs to show some form. I thought he would be very good in L.1, but he has been poor so far.
    In other words:
    Raya
    Nyambe Mulgrew Ward Williams
    Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Antonsson
    Graham Samuel.

Who knows, really, but TM doesn't take many risks. Even this line-up he might see as too adventurous if Plymouth have a good right winger.

Sadly nuttall played so he won't be in the reckoning
    I would of played him with dack just behind but in the light of that keep faith in Samuel one last time
    Laziness is unacceptable at any level we require players who will play regardless of the conditions or opposition
    So my team are as follows

Raya

Nyambe
    Downing/ward
    Mulgrew (c)
    Hart

Chapman
    Whittingham
    Smallwood
    Bennett

Dack
    Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - it is clear from TM's comments that he feels we badly miss Lenihan. I suspect the reason Mowbray has often fielded both Smallwood and Evans is because they provide more protection for the defence. However, it doesn't look as if Evans is going to be fit until the weekend, so I imagine we'll see Whittingham alongside Smallwood.
    Perhaps he will go back to using Antonsson wide-left, but I doubt that Chapman will start, given Bennett's good form. (I think the first two games of the season have made Mowbray very cautious about a wholesale attacking line-up).
    Did Nuttall and Wharton play for the Under-23s on Monday evening? If so, they clearly won't be considered, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nyambe in.
    That still leaves a second striker. Will Graham and Samuel both play? Certainly, Graham needs to show some form. I thought he would be very good in L.1, but he has been poor so far.
    In other words:
    Raya
    Nyambe Mulgrew Ward Williams
    Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Antonsson
    Graham Samuel.

Who knows, really, but TM doesn't take many risks. Even this line-up he might see as too adventurous if Plymouth have a good right winger.
    That's the thing with the cautious style. He played 2 up front away at Oldham where we completely lost the game in midfield. We got swamped. The whole idea of buying Dack was he had played with Samuel and they forged a good partnership. Dack does need games. Play Chapman from the start. This line keeps getting rolled out and everyone is simply accepting it. Conway starts but adds nothing. No goal threat, no pace, turns inside which stifles every attack, as it gives them a chance to get back and get their shape. Plus he only ever passes backwards and or sideways. We already have the majority of our midfield doing that already. Simple, easy passing that goes nowhere. Evans will come back, we probably need him? But is he really going to win us a match? We lack that creativity. Conway also does noy offer any cover to the full back. So I need to really question the reasons why Chapman, who equally doesn't track back, but DOES get marked by 2 defenders, does go past people, does have pace, does look to play the ball forward etc is deemed not good enough. I just think everyone is accepting this? Why? Its not worked so far, lets be honest. So if things aren't going well, consider a change.
    Graham is lost. The worry is we start banging the ball up to him. Yet he offers no physicality. The ball doesn't stick with him. He is not up for the battle in this division, trust me. He has had loads of chances, and he offers nothing. Play Nuttall. He and the other young lads from our academy MUST start to play a part. Forget Graham, Conway etc etc ....they are not up for this.
    I don't understand how we can be missing Lenihan? He wont be back until well after Jan. And hasn't played this season. He signed a centre half, who is adequate. I don't think he is any better or worse than Ward. Sadly the idiots (fans like Bob) have turned on him. And his confidence is shot. The fans are not helping getting on his back. On sat I'd say nobody other than Caddis was half decent. Ward was far FAR from our worst performer. Yet the fans where on his back from the first whistle to the last. Shocking really. And about as unhelpful as you can get. He got stick for the full 90 and everytime he touched the ball, the tension was heard. That goes down to the players. And at no point was Ward accountable for anything bad. Yet folk still ask that Graham gets another chance? Why?

I had internet-problems this morning, so I couldn't watch the full game on iFollow. Just seen the highlights, though. Streuth! We missed some sitters. Great deflection by their defender right at the end. It looked as if it was in!

A disappointing night AGAIN however I feel the criticism of Mowbray is ridiculous he could not of done anymore
    The blame needs to lie at the players door the chances they had were plentiful and squandered all but one.
    Not good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)