Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
A disappointing night AGAIN however I feel the criticism of Mowbray is ridiculous he could not of done anymore
The blame needs to lie at the players door the chances they had were plentiful and squandered all but one.
Not good enough.

At no point have I been ultra negative. I don't see the point of calling for anyone to be sacked etc. But one thing TM is accountable is, player recruitment, and player retention. Danny Graham is a case in point. Simply not good enough. I truly believe Mowbray is now realising his criteria for buying players is flawed. So while I agree while they are out on the pitch, they are also accountable, to put it simply - if they are not up to the job, that's down to the person who deemed them good enough. The vast majority of this squad have not played at this level. And my god it shows. Anyone arrognant enough to expect because some played in the Champ, and we unwisely spent good money and players not performing, we have this divine right to win and dominate every match is mental. Rarely have a team gone down from the champ to div1 and simply walked it back up again. We were not good enough for the Champ, those same players are not really prepared to go the extra mile down here. And I am convinced not actual coaching is going on at Brockhall. We go into these games seemingly not knowing anything the oppo is going to do. Mowbray is doing everything now. So coaching wont be one of his things. He is leaving that to someone who is clearky not up to the job. For me, things HAVE to improve, or we will fall away. Move TM upstairs to Director of Football. And get in a great coach. (someone like) Appleton (who left Oxford for a coaching role at Leiscester) is very very good at that. Someone like him. Not manager, but just a specific coach. We have no game plan. The one we have has not worked, and all the managers in the division have already sussed us out. My worry is its only Oct. Keeping things ticking along now will get the same results. They may have to cut their losses with a good few players. Whittingham, Graham, Conway, Bennett, Evans, Gladwin ....and bring in players like Beckford, Gallagher. If we are to write this season off, and I feel its heading that way now, we MUST start playing the young lads, Nuttall, Harper etc etc .......they will be no worse than the dross mentioned above BUT will gain experience, and are part of our academy. That has to be the way forward.