+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plymouth(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A disappointing night AGAIN however I feel the criticism of Mowbray is ridiculous he could not of done anymore
    The blame needs to lie at the players door the chances they had were plentiful and squandered all but one.
    Not good enough.

At no point have I been ultra negative. I don't see the point of calling for anyone to be sacked etc. But one thing TM is accountable is, player recruitment, and player retention. Danny Graham is a case in point. Simply not good enough. I truly believe Mowbray is now realising his criteria for buying players is flawed. So while I agree while they are out on the pitch, they are also accountable, to put it simply - if they are not up to the job, that's down to the person who deemed them good enough. The vast majority of this squad have not played at this level. And my god it shows. Anyone arrognant enough to expect because some played in the Champ, and we unwisely spent good money and players not performing, we have this divine right to win and dominate every match is mental. Rarely have a team gone down from the champ to div1 and simply walked it back up again. We were not good enough for the Champ, those same players are not really prepared to go the extra mile down here. And I am convinced not actual coaching is going on at Brockhall. We go into these games seemingly not knowing anything the oppo is going to do. Mowbray is doing everything now. So coaching wont be one of his things. He is leaving that to someone who is clearky not up to the job. For me, things HAVE to improve, or we will fall away. Move TM upstairs to Director of Football. And get in a great coach. (someone like) Appleton (who left Oxford for a coaching role at Leiscester) is very very good at that. Someone like him. Not manager, but just a specific coach. We have no game plan. The one we have has not worked, and all the managers in the division have already sussed us out. My worry is its only Oct. Keeping things ticking along now will get the same results. They may have to cut their losses with a good few players. Whittingham, Graham, Conway, Bennett, Evans, Gladwin ....and bring in players like Beckford, Gallagher. If we are to write this season off, and I feel its heading that way now, we MUST start playing the young lads, Nuttall, Harper etc etc .......they will be no worse than the dross mentioned above BUT will gain experience, and are part of our academy. That has to be the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    At no point have I been ultra negative. I don't see the point of calling for anyone to be sacked etc. But one thing TM is accountable is, player recruitment, and player retention. Danny Graham is a case in point. Simply not good enough. I truly believe Mowbray is now realising his criteria for buying players is flawed. So while I agree while they are out on the pitch, they are also accountable, to put it simply - if they are not up to the job, that's down to the person who deemed them good enough. The vast majority of this squad have not played at this level. And my god it shows. Anyone arrognant enough to expect because some played in the Champ, and we unwisely spent good money and players not performing, we have this divine right to win and dominate every match is mental. Rarely have a team gone down from the champ to div1 and simply walked it back up again. We were not good enough for the Champ, those same players are not really prepared to go the extra mile down here. And I am convinced not actual coaching is going on at Brockhall. We go into these games seemingly not knowing anything the oppo is going to do. Mowbray is doing everything now. So coaching wont be one of his things. He is leaving that to someone who is clearky not up to the job. For me, things HAVE to improve, or we will fall away. Move TM upstairs to Director of Football. And get in a great coach. (someone like) Appleton (who left Oxford for a coaching role at Leiscester) is very very good at that. Someone like him. Not manager, but just a specific coach. We have no game plan. The one we have has not worked, and all the managers in the division have already sussed us out. My worry is its only Oct. Keeping things ticking along now will get the same results. They may have to cut their losses with a good few players. Whittingham, Graham, Conway, Bennett, Evans, Gladwin ....and bring in players like Beckford, Gallagher. If we are to write this season off, and I feel its heading that way now, we MUST start playing the young lads, Nuttall, Harper etc etc .......they will be no worse than the dross mentioned above BUT will gain experience, and are part of our academy. That has to be the way forward.
    Come on, Champs - that's a bit over the top! Bennett and Evans have generally been among the better performers, for a start.
    Also, we're not plummeting downwards; we're two points behind the team in sixth place with two games in hand.
    The BBC described the second half as a Rovers "onslaught", and fans on the Plymouth sites are saying they're amazed we didn't score again.
    Sure, the football has generally been poor and lots of supporters are picking on that at the moment. But that's sheer hypocrisy. If we had played the same style, but picked up six or seven more points, nobody would be complaining. After all, people don't yearn for Sam because of the brilliant football Rovers played under him!
    Many teams are setting out to stifle us, and that is never an easy style to break down. Against teams like Rotherham, who try to attack themselves, we look much better. If we'd scored an early goal against Plymouth, I bet it would have been a very different game.
    Eight draws in L.1 on Tuesday. It's that sort of a Division.
    It's been a disappointing season so far, but surely it's too early for sacking the manager. After all, what has the revolving door policy done for us in the last six years?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Come on, Champs - that's a bit over the top! Bennett and Evans have generally been among the better performers, for a start.
    Also, we're not plummeting downwards; we're two points behind the team in sixth place with two games in hand.
    The BBC described the second half as a Rovers "onslaught", and fans on the Plymouth sites are saying they're amazed we didn't score again.
    Sure, the football has generally been poor and lots of supporters are picking on that at the moment. But that's sheer hypocrisy. If we had played the same style, but picked up six or seven more points, nobody would be complaining. After all, people don't yearn for Sam because of the brilliant football Rovers played under him!
    Many teams are setting out to stifle us, and that is never an easy style to break down. Against teams like Rotherham, who try to attack themselves, we look much better. If we'd scored an early goal against Plymouth, I bet it would have been a very different game.
    Eight draws in L.1 on Tuesday. It's that sort of a Division.
    It's been a disappointing season so far, but surely it's too early for sacking the manager. After all, what has the revolving door policy done for us in the last six years?
    No, I am certainly NOT calling for TM to be sacked! He is doing too much and needs help. I want him to be mved upstairs and a decent coach be brought in. Venus isn't up to it, neither is Lowe. Having been to a majority of games, I can tell you no coaching is going on.
    Bennett is adequate. But is on very good money. He hasn't scored, hasn't assisted one goal this season? So an experienced winger isn't actually producing anything. Same with Conway. I don't mind Bennet, but he isn't going to take us up, simple as that. Evans just plays simple sideways balls. But will miss 60% of the season through injuries. Smallwood does his job, so that's another experienced player who isn't adding anything. I can stand on a pitch and pass the ball backwards to a full back. Anyone can. Same with Graham. None of these lads are actually adding anything. Something has to change, or we simply write this season off. If that is the case, then lets play the young lads who can come in for these lads. They aren't going to improve, but the young lads will.

I am simply saying what I see in front of me, as I say I've been to most games home and away this season, and we lack quite a lot. Change nothing, expect nothing to change.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    No, I am certainly NOT calling for TM to be sacked! He is doing too much and needs help. I want him to be mved upstairs and a decent coach be brought in. Venus isn't up to it, neither is Lowe. Having been to a majority of games, I can tell you no coaching is going on.
    Bennett is adequate. But is on very good money. He hasn't scored, hasn't assisted one goal this season? So an experienced winger isn't actually producing anything. Same with Conway. I don't mind Bennet, but he isn't going to take us up, simple as that. Evans just plays simple sideways balls. But will miss 60% of the season through injuries. Smallwood does his job, so that's another experienced player who isn't adding anything. I can stand on a pitch and pass the ball backwards to a full back. Anyone can. Same with Graham. None of these lads are actually adding anything. Something has to change, or we simply write this season off. If that is the case, then lets play the young lads who can come in for these lads. They aren't going to improve, but the young lads will.

I am simply saying what I see in front of me, as I say I've been to most games home and away this season, and we lack quite a lot. Change nothing, expect nothing to change.
    Fair enough. I've only seen four full games. It's just that things can change so quickly. Mowbray's comments today show he doesn't think Nuttall is ready. It's a big call, but he watches training and liaises with the Under-23 team.
    If we get two or three goals against Portsmouth, everything changes again. If we don't, the pressure grows, I agree.
    Let's say Nuttall and Chapman get in, though, and there is no immediate improvement. How many games do they get?
    All fans have a perfect right to criticise and voice opinions. What I don't like are the ones (many on the Telegraph site) who form an opinion in advance and only highlight those things which they think prove their point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)