+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yesterdays goal

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Quite why someone with your self proclaimed background,knowledge and expertise can't simply accept the point rather than look for what isn't there baffles me.
    I don't think I proclaim much when it comes to football management. I'm happy to see us win, and I think we've got players getting better and better in many positions, Lundstram being the next one to start getting on-board. I don't think the need for a culture of constant improvements is that surprising. We're exceeding expectation, I'm enjoying it and don't feel the need to analyse our weaknesses, thats all.

You clearly don't.
    If you did you would realise Lundstram is quite a long way off our minimum requirements in a range of areas.He is at level 1.
    Wilder will thankfully see this and ensure his shortcomings are addressed.
    Until that happens his appearences will be limited to coincide with Coutts absences.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    You clearly don't.
    If you did you would realise Lundstram is quite a long way off our minimum requirements in a range of areas.He is at level 1.
    Wilder will thankfully see this and ensure his shortcomings are addressed.
    Until that happens his appearences will be limited to coincide with Coutts absences.
    I thought Lundstram had a good game,yes he tired after abart 75 mins but that's surely darn to havin little time on't pitch previuosly.I honestly haven't seen a better pair of central midfielders in this league than FLECKY&COUTTSY so in my view Lundstram was never gunna be as good as COUTTS,but i think it proved that we have adequate replacements all over the pitch now.I thought it was a good game yesdi but i tek your point in the OP Beany mi owd pal.UTCB

Cheers rod. Obviously I want Lundstram and EVERY one of our boys to succeed,but he still has a way to go on pace and decision making. Some of his flicks and hoofing second half would have caused us big problems against a better team. And there are plenty better than the Tractor Boys.
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I thought Lundstram had a good game,yes he tired after abart 75 mins but that's surely darn to havin little time on't pitch previuosly.I honestly haven't seen a better pair of central midfielders in this league than FLECKY&COUTTSY so in my view Lundstram was never gunna be as good as COUTTS,but i think it proved that we have adequate replacements all over the pitch now.I thought it was a good game yesdi but i tek your point in the OP Beany mi owd pal.UTCB
    Any comments on Jacks 'pinpoint' crossing again Rodders?

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    He had a mare with his crossing first half didn’t he?

Maybe I'm too harsh at times but it's only cos I want us to be the best we can be I thought we missed coutts more than most by the looks of it our play lacked that zip and crispness that comes with couttsys quickfire pinging the ball about llundstrom is some way off that for me he did ok but nothing more it's one of the few positions where you can tell the back ups playing instead of the number one choice as it affects our style the other positions and players are fleck and duffy if any of these are missing we don't fire at 100% every other position can be filled adequately without much disruption,I pray to any god who will listen that we keep these 3 injury free

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Yeah he's bobbar get him sold King Kev,will that do for ya mi owd? Lundstram was never gunna be as good as Coutts,just think how poor Couttsy's form was before Tufty arrived at BDBL.I think Lundstram's a good player just not as good as Coutts.We are a good team chaps and i'm thoroughly enjoyin our performances,yes we've played better but it was still a good win in my view.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    He had a mare with his crossing first half didn’t he?
    As Sir Keef would say' there's a reason he's a centre half'. Can't be too harsh on the lad though, I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting in those positions to cross the ball to start with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12