+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Rowett On His Game Plan For Nottingham Forest

Gary Rowett On His Game Plan For Nottingham Forest

Derby will be expected to come flying out of the blocks but Rowett sounded a note of caution:

"You've got to be careful sometimes," he added. "I've played games where we've come out and tried to get a quick start, been counter-attacked early on and gone one goal down.

"I've seen games where we've scored a goal after putting pressure on for the first 10 minutes and that's won you the game.

"I think we'll pick what we think is a sensible approach and I won't give too much away about that.

"We'll go and enjoy it, we'll try to embrace it and we'll try to play with a certain amount of freedom - but at the same time, we'll understand what it is we need to do to try to get a result."

"I plan to play a game that suits us," he said. "Like any game at home, we'll go out there to impose our game on the opposition.

"Leicester have proved that having more possession doesn't necessarily win you more games.

"Of course, any team likes to have control of the game.

"We know Mark's teams like to pass the ball. It will be a case of trying to stop them creating chances, because passing the ball is not the thing that will cause you problems - it's creating opportunities on goal.

"So it's about us imposing ourselves on them. I'm not really going to go into details about how we're going to do it.

"I'm not going to worry too much about what other teams do, I'm going to worry about how we're going to do our job at home, where we've lost one game in eight since we've been here.

"And we've only conceded three goals at home this season, so I think other teams probably need to worry more about how they are going to stop us."

Let’s hope Rowett’s game plan pays off today.

Youre just taking the piss now with your wanton persistent breaches of forum rules, despite having been warned about plagiarism by the Rat. Not sure how this will play out .....

I actually hope we lose today since it will upset you more than me 😁😁😁🙄

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I actually hope we lose today since it will upset you more than me 😁😁😁🙄

Just put on ignore Rog!

After consultations with my learned friend, it seems a charge has to stand because the author wasn't present at the interview and did not record any of the remarks and this lifted it word for word without reference to the site or reporter that published it.

It seems forum rules don't apply to this poster. Better still you can't complain or mention it, you're then deemed being disruptive.
    Being disruptive for pointing out an error!!

Rowett’s game plan worked and we beat East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest 2-0.

Up the Rams.....

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    After consultations with my learned friend, it seems a charge has to stand because the author wasn't present at the interview and did not record any of the remarks and this lifted it word for word without reference to the site or reporter that published it.

It seems forum rules don't apply to this poster. Better still you can't complain or mention it, you're then deemed being disruptive.
    Being disruptive for pointing out an error!!
    The rat won't do anything as he's probably halfway up a hill with no internet connection, so I'll ask again, where are the other 2 mods when the rat is away not to mention Bloomeram, rat doesn't run this board on his own does he?

Yes he does has done for a long time that's why it's deteriorated like it has

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)