+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mee at fault again.

Mee misjudged it....but isn't the only one at fault imo.

the ball's just been released by Hart - but who's that - right next to Kouyate ?

Ward / Arfield ??? - am unsure....but he should have stuck to him like glue.

....balls still coming over and Kouyate's made his run

- so whats he doing, there's no other threat, so why not follow, even if he's thinking to let Mee/Tark deal with it, then he should still be going as fast as possible to get back and cover - could perhaps have picked up the ball after Pope deflected it.
    Also think Tarks could have used more of his legs after he saw Mee miss it.

https://www.footbie.com/video/burnle...ghlights-goals

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ben Mee, bless him, he's as regular as clockwork, one a game. He got away with it after five minutes at Goodison, he didn't get away with it this time.
    It was a DOOH moment all right.

And an easy one to pick out.

But had the mistake leading to a goal happened up field it wouldn't have been so easily commented upon.

All goals are from mistakes. If there were no mistakes by either team no one would score.

If Mee saves 20 goal bound efforts or beaks up 20 dangerous moves but due to one error of judgement lets one attacker get past him has he still not done a great job?

Is an own goal under pressure or giving away a penalty a greater error of judgement than the one he made against West Ham?

I would rather focus on how we can score more goals.

The lad is very good. . . . . . . .. . . . and brave....

To be honest watching the catastrophe unfold live right in front of us I thought Tarkowski, Mee and Pope could all have done better.

Hey ho! Bring on the Blues of Manchester!

Attachment 6852

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Mee misjudged it....but isn't the only one at fault imo.

the ball's just been released by Hart - but who's that - right next to Kouyate ?

....was it Brady ?.....stuck his arm in the air looking for the offside - that's one of his tricks when he can't be arsed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    ....was it Brady ?.....stuck his arm in the air looking for the offside - that's one of his tricks when he can't be arsed to work.

Come on boys we got done with a long punt that truthfully should never have been allowed to bounce, however it did and by chance they knicked a goal from it.

Mee does have an odd mistake in him and this was textbook that he got wrong, however he makes up for it many times over.

If we concentrated on other incidents more ie, potentially two penalties ( 1 definite), and missed chances from our forwards, Hart s boatload of luck when shot could have gone in of his back and didn't.

For me above all,of our debates little old Burnley once again showed in the face of adversity we never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on boys we got done with a long punt that truthfully should never have been allowed to bounce, however it did and by chance they knicked a goal from it.

If we concentrated on other incidents more ie, potentially two penalties ( 1 definite), and missed chances from our forwards, Hart s boatload of luck when shot could have gone in of his back and didn't.
    No doubt about the value of our penalty shouts...army - and missed chances or.....lack of quality - with our 20 shots and 6 on target to Whams 8 shots and 6 on target.

fact remains......whoever it was that let Kouyate run away from them - should have made more of an effort.

You can rely on Ben, one a game, comprehensively outmuscled and outjumped by Nicolas, not the biggest player on the pitch, Otamendi for their second. It's as sure as night follows day. As usual though, his one a game apart, he was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You can rely on Ben, one a game, comprehensively outmuscled and outjumped by Nicolas, not the biggest player on the pitch, Otamendi for their second. It's as sure as night follows day. As usual though, his one a game apart, he was excellent.
    I actually wonder if Ben is physically big enough to be a centre half? No doubts about his bravery, he has the heart of a lion but I saw him standing next to Tarkowski during the City warm up and he has literally half the bulk of Tarkowski and appears to be a good couple of inches shorter than his partner in crime. Got to say though sinkov, your early season optimism about Tarkowski's ability is more than justified!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I actually wonder if Ben is physically big enough to be a centre half? No doubts about his bravery, he has the heart of a lion but I saw him standing next to Tarkowski during the City warm up and he has literally half the bulk of Tarkowski and appears to be a good couple of inches shorter than his partner in crime. Got to say though sinkov, your early season optimism about Tarkowski's ability is more than justified!
    He looked a class act to me every time I saw him last season BT, that rare thing a footballing centre-half, but the clincher came in summer, Sean made no move to sign a replacement for Keane and gave Tarko the No 5 shirt. He clearly had the same confidence in Tarko that I had. And let's be honest, Sean knows a centre-half when he sees one, and if me and Sean both were thinking Tarko is the bees- knees, then he must be, mustn't he ? Simples.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)