+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o/t the Stasi are closing in....

o/t the Stasi are closing in....

Does the Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt know about this ?

What happens to my 5mins appointment with my GP ?...will it be extended to 6mins just in case I wish to answer questions about my ***ual orientation ?
    That's when I can actually get a 5mins appointment. It takes almost 3 weeks to get booked in & then when you get to the waiting room there's no bugger else waiting..

Anyone remember when you could get a Saturday morning appointment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Does the Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt know about this ?

What happens to my 5mins appointment with my GP ?...will it be extended to 6mins just in case I wish to answer questions about my ***ual orientation ?
    That's when I can actually get a 5mins appointment. It takes almost 3 weeks to get booked in & then when you get to the waiting room there's no bugger else waiting..

Anyone remember when you could get a Saturday morning appointment ?
    Casper, I feel your pain. Where I live the GP service remains excellent. On the other hand the area suffers from a shocking lack of diversity having one of the UK's lowest levels of immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Casper, I feel your pain. Where I live the GP service remains excellent. On the other hand the area suffers from a shocking lack of diversity having one of the UK's lowest levels of immigration.
    Underhand racism.

Shocking!

Weird that, my doctor is at Dalton, the valley health centre, in an area which some diversity, and i can quite easily get booked in for an appointment on most given days, to see a doctor of Pakistani origin, who is great by the way, suppose that doesn't fit your narrative though eh?

Should I move to the North West, despite the lack of diversity or should I go the way of millmoormagic & try to be accepted by Happy Valley Centre.
    Good to hear mmm that you're satisfied with your GP.......
    Do you think it's down to Government policy & the NHS is not in crisis like some people claim ?

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Should I move to the North West, despite the lack of diversity or should I go the way of millmoormagic & try to be accepted by Happy Valley Centre.
    Good to hear mmm that you're satisfied with your GP.......
    Do you think it's down to Government policy & the NHS is not in crisis like some people claim ?
    I'm not really sure whether it's gov't policy or not, though i wouldn't have thought that this shyte lot are helping in any way, the NHS is on it's knees mate make no mistake, but i digress, the difference in practices is massive, because my parents are from Dalton, and moved to Sunnyside before i was born, i've always been registered at Dalton health centre(now Valley, the new place) my wife has always been registered at Wickersley, and my kids were registered there, to get an appointment at Wickersley is a like a mixture of booking a theatre ticket 3 weeks in advance and a phone in lottery for a ticket on the day, at Valley, i can get in on the day, day after!

I'm not privy to the workings of General practices, but to have such a massive difference is a bit shocking, i don't know whether Wickersley has a much bigger base of 'customers' but surely they would have a similar ratio of doctor - patient?

Can't fault our GP's, very thorough.
    It's getting an appointment that's a problem, first you have to negotiate your way past the receptionist....I'm sure ours is a member of the stasi.
    Our practice closes at dinnertime Friday, Thursday is usually training day . If you're employed you need a very understanding boss to be able to take time off work.I can remember Saturday morning appointments.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 19-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.