+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yay! The forum is busy again!

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    We are consistent away from home

2 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats away in the league this season suggests inconsistent

We are consistent at home

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Three utterly ****e and one pretty poor out of 5 performances, and TWO WINS OUT OF LAST 15 AWAY GAMES in regular season (as the Yanks would say) games says we are consistent, I have been at 8 of these, you have been at none I think so how can you possibly comment were you at the pumpings/doings at Raith, Dumbarton x 2, Falkirk, St Mirren x 2, Livingston????.

We have been utterly honking at the last 3 I have suffered - Paisley, Grangemouth and Livingston and their 930 loyal fans and a manager that knew he could do a Dumbarton on us.

Miraculously won at ICT playing poorly, and played well at Pars apparently.

We are no better than last year. At all. Even less testicles in the team and we look less fit. If we lose a third time at the Rock Stadium I presume even you will agree that we have the worst manager we have ever had??? Kirkwood lost once and he was rotten.

How many away league wins in 2017?.....ps I know the answer

The first Rock defeat at Xmas last year to me was telling. We were actually flying high before then. Was blowing a gale and yet seemed complete inability to find plan b and to play conditions.

What the players, manager and club seem to find acceptable is not acceptable for us supporters. Hence the booing last time out.

As board shows though there are no easy solutions. Club as a whole in precarious situation and no guarantees that whatever we do things would improve soon

Spot on OP

Also laughably deluded thinking the likes of McIntyre would come in and make a difference, all that would happen would be he'd get cut slack early on in his reign then fans would be on his back, if we win this league it won't be by romping it, sorry but what experience does he have of managing a club like United (or an Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs) with big expectations and pressure ? none.

IF we were to change manager ( it's not at that stage just now) it would need to be someone who has a track record of coping with a job like ours or the club's mentioned above where fans will be right on the back asap, and guys who fall into that category are the like of Levein and Houston (a very very good Utd manager who also got unfair abuse from the poisonous section of our support with short memories)

Not guys who have had no success at a bigger Scottish club (that means not a yogi hughes who failed at Hibs etc), not guys who do it at wee clubs with no pressure as we can't afford a cycle of this hence it's better to stick right now

We have a good enough (excellent) home record under Ray that suggests if we can get a little bit of consistency away from home we'll be there or thereabouts in May, Inverness at home, Dumbarton away then St Mirren at home in the next three, if we win a couple of those this place will fall silent again like the last month
    Sorry Shedka but i dont see why its deluded or laughable to think McIntyre wouldnt make a difference? Aye hes not managed a United, or a Hibs, etc but then neither has McKinnon? Not going down the point scoring route but McIntyre kissed silver with RC on a tiny budget. Decent manager and IMO better than what we've got.

McIntyre saved RC from certain relegation so hes proven to 'turn' teams around.

Sorry but the home record wont win us the league and record apart how many of these home games have been good performances? We cant afford to be 'there or thereabouts' in May, we need to get out this league this year!

Edit to say, im not calling for McIntyre, i wouldnt say no to him or write of anyone else of doing a better job though
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 16-10-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Mental you think us being "thereabouts" is acceptable. We should p*ss this league with our budget compared to others. We're struggling badly and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we drop points to a shocking ICT team on Saturday.

"we"

I laugh at you regular, where you been the last month? you don't deserve to support DUFC during the good times, you don't appreciate them, you were negative during them and are worse now
    And who are you to suggest who does and doesn't deserve to support the club, during good or bad times, what a completely c**tish thing to say

There's nothing wrong with stating what I believe is obvious, that a true supporter supports his team thro thick & thin.
    That's all shedka's suggesting. Nothing c***ish about it.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    McIntyre saved RC from certain relegation so hes proven to 'turn' teams around.
    McIntyre signed like ten players in the January window the year he saved County tbf.

He won’t get that backing at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    There's nothing wrong with stating what I believe is obvious, that a true supporter supports his team thro thick & thin.
    That's all shedka's suggesting. Nothing c***ish about it.
    Wondered how long it would be before Tamsins very own private fluffer joined the party!

You and Shedka are 2 of the most clueless, boring arseholes ever to have graced this board. FACT.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)