+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yay! The forum is busy again!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Wondered how long it would be before Tamsins very own private fluffer joined the party!

You and Shedka are 2 of the most clueless, boring arseholes ever to have graced this board. FACT.
    C'mon Danny that's a bit harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Wondered how long it would be before Tamsins very own private fluffer joined the party!

You and Shedka are 2 of the most clueless, boring arseholes ever to have graced this board. FACT.
    Disagree, different opinions is what makes the board worth reading.
    Writing FACT after a post is pretty boring though.😊

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    McIntyre signed like ten players in the January window the year he saved County tbf.

He won’t get that backing at Tannadice.

McKinnon took Raith from relegation material to an excellent run culminating in a play off, they have been relegated since he left

No point changing manager right now unless we have a manager with a proven track record at available club with *pressure and expectation*

Not seen any realistic names under thar criteria that would make changing right now and the destabilisation that would cause and the financial hitb when we are very much still in the running for promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Disagree, different opinions is what makes the board worth reading.
    Writing FACT after a post is pretty boring though.😊

Being called clueless by a clueless numpty is funny, let him be, an angry individual

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    McKinnon took Raith from relegation material to an excellent run culminating in a play off, they have been relegated since he left

No point changing manager right now unless we have a manager with a proven track record at available club with *pressure and expectation*

Not seen any realistic names under thar criteria that would make changing right now and the destabilisation that would cause and the financial hitb when we are very much still in the running for promotion
    I don’t think his sacking is on the cards unless we are really poor over next three games and take very few points.

The financial hit of remaining in the championship next season means a gamble is probably required soon.

My feeling is he’ll be away by Xmas.

A lack of candidates is only going to delay his exit.

I was speaking to someone the other day who said in their opinion our best candidates available right now are McIntyre (ex players never work out) and Terry Butcher.

Slim pickings to be sure.

At least Butcher has history taking sides out this league - there’s your dealing with expectation as ICT were one of favourites to go up having just been relegated but had Dundee in there with them - there’s your pressure part. In the season they won the league Butcher had guided ICT from 16 points behind Dundee, to 4 points ahead and top of the First Division.

And no doubt with Malpas as Assistant they’d at least be able to see off any “show us yer medals” stuff from the players.

I’m not suggesting I want Butcher for any second but I agree with the boy who said that (sadly) we are looking at candidates in that kind of bracket.

In summary: Ray will get punted at some point and our potential new gaffer won’t be coming from an outstanding list.

And there is the one thing that makes it hard for me to figure out why we are so bad.

McIntyre signed like ten players in the January window the year he saved County tbf.

He won’t get that backing at Tannadice.
    And how many did mixu sign in that Jan window?

My point is signings or not, hes a better manager and hes proven that. Better than Mixu and IMO better than Ray.

Championship. Therein lies the problem, the championship. A league he was/is comfortable in. Said from day 1 he will not get us promoted

Lets be honest shedka in all the years we've posted on here, youve been against every managerial casualty.

A lack of candidates is only going to delay his exit.

I was speaking to someone the other day who said in their opinion our best candidates available right now are McIntyre (ex players never work out) and Terry Butcher.

Slim pickings to be sure.
    You say that PF but look at Ross County and Killie...

What about Billy Dodds, has he not got a 100% record managing The Terrors

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)