+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yay! The forum is busy again!

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    What about Billy Dodds, has he not got a 100% record managing The Terrors
    And that my friend is a FACT

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Lets be honest shedka in all the years we've posted on here, youve been against every managerial casualty.

That's not being honest, it's false

I've been reading and posting on here for 15 years since it started early 2002 and it's predecessor before it, I was calling for McCalls heat long before he was sacked, I didn't want Chisholm to get it and was calling for change months before he was sacked, reluctantly wanted Brewster gone (hero as a kid), I.then defended Sir Craig to the hilt when eejits on here were calling for his head after we lost the last 3 games of 07/08 and started 08/09 with no wins in 5 (imagine those guys got their way), I defended Houston to the hilt for the terrific job he did and the harsh way some turned on him after an average half season, I defended McNamara because his record was excellent up until the sales of you know who the day after he beat McInnes Aberdeen at Hampden after big derby wins and is sitting 2nd/3rd, thought he deserved more time then, I was dead against Mixu appointment as that led to relegation, a competent manager or even sticking with McNamara would have led us out of 12th imo

I have concerns about McKinnon but not at the stage of changing for a few reasons, one we are in the hunt as it stands, his home record is very very good, a free results can change things , specifically away from home and lastly I have not seen a name mentioned that will get us promoted this season, or do any better right now

That's being honest, and that's all FACT

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

I've been reading and posting on here for 15 years since it started early 2002 and it's predecessor before it, I was calling for McCalls heat long before he was sacked, I didn't want Chisholm to get it and was calling for change months before he was sacked, reluctantly wanted Brewster gone (hero as a kid), I.then defended Sir Craig to the hilt when eejits on here were calling for his head after we lost the last 3 games of 07/08 and started 08/09 with no wins in 5 (imagine those guys got their way), I defended Houston to the hilt for the terrific job he did and the harsh way some turned on him after an average half season, I defended McNamara because his record was excellent up until the sales of you know who the day after he beat McInnes Aberdeen at Hampden after big derby wins and is sitting 2nd/3rd, thought he deserved more time then, I was dead against Mixu appointment as that led to relegation, a competent manager or even sticking with McNamara would have led us out of 12th imo

I have concerns about McKinnon but not at the stage of changing for a few reasons, one we are in the hunt as it stands, his home record is very very good, a free results can change things , specifically away from home and lastly I have not seen a name mentioned that will get us promoted this season, or do any better right now

I'm hearin' ya Shedka

The forum is a busier again! Unfortunately only because arabs are so frustrated by the lack of progress our team have made. It's even more frustrating if, like me, you feel that those who own and run the club are not as bothered as we are! OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    The forum is a busier again! Unfortunately only because arabs are so frustrated by the lack of progress our team have made. It's even more frustrating if, like me, you feel that those who own and run the club are not as bothered as we are! OPINION.
    OPINION phukk all Skol, that's a FACT

Good post that shedka - and no that wasnt saracsm.

Wasnt having a go shedka, was just stating an opinion that in the past as posting as shedka on here from what ive seen youve defended managers when all others have called for their heads.

In Dubai just now for work.

Dont like the angst amongst supporters but lets be honest.

Ray is ****.

Time chances nothing much ado about nowt tbh.

Sorry for being negative ..or observant or knowledgable. Tak yer pick.

Ray must go now!
    Last edited by shedboy71; 17-10-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Spot on OP

Also laughably deluded thinking the likes of McIntyre would come in and make a difference, all that would happen would be he'd get cut slack early on in his reign then fans would be on his back, if we win this league it won't be by romping it, sorry but what experience does he have of managing a club like United (or an Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs) with big expectations and pressure ? none.

IF we were to change manager ( it's not at that stage just now) it would need to be someone who has a track record of coping with a job like ours or the club's mentioned above where fans will be right on the back asap, and guys who fall into that category are the like of Levein and Houston (a very very good Utd manager who also got unfair abuse from the poisonous section of our support with short memories)

Not guys who have had no success at a bigger Scottish club (that means not a yogi hughes who failed at Hibs etc), not guys who do it at wee clubs with no pressure as we can't afford a cycle of this hence it's better to stick right now

We have a good enough (excellent) home record under Ray that suggests if we can get a little bit of consistency away from home we'll be there or thereabouts in May, Inverness at home, Dumbarton away then St Mirren at home in the next three, if we win a couple of those this place will fall silent again like the last month
    Good last paragraph here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)