+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T ads on forum

O/T ads on forum

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I keep getting the screen rotating with all sorts of adverts as well as a very irritating sound ad for effin sky mobile which I cant get rid of except by logging out and then in again.
    can anybody tell me how to get rid of the other visual ads; I already have ad blocker plus on my pc but they still keep appearing.any advice would be most appreciated

Terry12bore

Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I keep getting the screen rotating with all sorts of adverts as well as a very irritating sound ad for effin sky mobile which I cant get rid of except by logging out and then in again.
    can anybody tell me how to get rid of the other visual ads; I already have ad blocker plus on my pc but they still keep appearing.any advice would be most appreciated

Terry12bore
    ABP here, no ads whatsoever......maybe check your ABP settings to make sure that MAD isn't somehow whitelisted....if so, remove it (from the whitelist)

Edit - Just a thought, having ABP on your PC, doesn't mean it's on your browser.....if your browser is Firefox, then ABP should be listed/showing in your "add-ons" list under the Firefox menu (3 horizontal bars, top right)......click "add-ons"......ABP should be there and check to see if it is "enabled"
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 15-10-2017 at 02:48 PM.

I don't know if it makes any difference using both but I have Adbloke and Adblokeplus (if you know what I mean, ) and they block all adverts. If you click on ABP it gives you a display with: Enabled on this site, Block element, Ads blocked, and Options. This last one, Options, is more of a toolbox but the Block element option is simple and should work ok.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 15-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.

I use a browser extension called Ghostery, works a treat on chrome and firefox. Not sure about ie or edge but probably works on all.

Quote Originally Posted by skandark View Post
    I use a browser extension called Ghostery, works a treat on chrome and firefox. Not sure about ie or edge but probably works on all.
    I've removed IE from my computer, but Edge appeared with the Windows 10 transition......not too sure about it, I moved ABP to Edge browser but it still seems very very slow.....a bit like Stead......no Ads, but painfully slow

Ad blocker mobile version, splendid it is, not an advert in sight.

Aggreed Es*** I dont get any. Ad blocker mobile works for me and it's free

Terry12bore
    thanks for all your help guys I re-installed ad block plus and the problem has gone never to return I hope

rdgs Terry 12 bore

thanks for all your help guys I re-installed ad block plus and the problem has gone never to return I hope

rdgs Terry 12 bore
    I had the same problems with one of my ex-girlfriends.....she had been in situ for several years and I noticed a gradual loss of efficiency (tidiness, appearance and loss of quality in the "range of services advertised")

I did the same as you have done with ABP.....removed the offending item and re-installed another.....I am also pleased to report that "normal service" has been resumed