+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duane Holmes

Duane Holmes

Nice to see the lad have a good game for Scunny, has I said in the week my son coached him for Altofts juniors from the under 9's up to the under 15's, then Huddersfield Town took him into their academy, sadly the Town released him last year & Scunny stepped in, a decent skillful player, only 22 years of age.

When Huddersfield Town released him I put on our board he could be a decent signing for the Millers, son met up with him yesterday, also Duanes mother came to say hello.Duane's never forgot my son for the years been coached, which is nice to see, son was proud of him yesterday.

Bit OT from original post. Quite a thorn in our side as Brin as said in another post. Close relatives live in Holmebridge near Huddersfield and when in the local pub there, we talk about Millers and Huddersfield over the years. They love Rotherham Utd and feel an affiliation to our club. But Duane Holmes is or would be good target and acquisition of possible.

y think that Duane Holmes is one of the ones that got away.
    Last edited by kentmillerman; 15-10-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Their best player.
    Popped up everywhere and very difficult to dispossess.

Nice story about Holmes yesterday.

During the pre match warm ups he blasted a shot at the practise goal that went so high it went over the safety net behind and hit some old lady sat 12 rows back full in the mush.

He immediately sprinted off the pitch up into the stand and sat next to the lady for a good 2 minutes making sure she was okay.

Got rapturous applause from both sets of fans as he returned to the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Nice story about Holmes yesterday.

During the pre match warm ups he blasted a shot at the practise goal that went so high it went over the safety net behind and hit some old lady sat 12 rows back full in the mush.

He immediately sprinted off the pitch up into the stand and sat next to the lady for a good 2 minutes making sure she was okay.

Got rapturous applause from both sets of fans as he returned to the pitch.
    ....yeah, and at full time went up in the stand and gave her his shirt. Got applause from Millers fans when he ran back to the tunnel....

Yes a very tidy player, at the heart of most of their attacks, never gave the ball away and used the ball wisely. Very similar to a Brentford player last season (ginger hair, can't recall his name). Would fit well in our midfield.

Great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Yes a very tidy player, at the heart of most of their attacks, never gave the ball away and used the ball wisely. Very similar to a Brentford player last season (ginger hair, can't recall his name). Would fit well in our midfield.
    Ryan Woods?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupjamie View Post
    Ryan Woods?
    Aye that's him. Not a big name or ego, but a quality player. One of the best individual performances I've seen at NYS from him last season, despite us poxing a win against them. Holmes is in that mould.

Bump for Roscoe Miller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast