+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need To Be Better In Our Decision Making

Need To Be Better In Our Decision Making

Forest dominated the game they kept the ball well but unfortunately they couldn’t turn their possession into chances and we frustrated them throughout the game and we took our chances well from the first minute from Vydra’s goal but we got lucky in our chances and the midfield still worries me especially Huddlestone slowing the play down and sideway passing as usual. Our decision making in our passes has been dreadful today and put pressure on us and allowed Forest to get us on the front foot and we can’t allow that to keep happening if we want to take something out of the game and lucky for us, Forest couldn’t take their chances and they couldn’t score and we managed to pick up two goals today but we can’t keep relying on luck to keep us through to the end of the season and pick up good results we must take our chances on our own and work harder on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    Forest dominated the game they kept the ball well but unfortunately they couldn’t turn their possession into chances and we frustrated them throughout the game and we took our chances well from the first minute from Vydra’s goal but we got lucky in our chances and the midfield still worries me especially Huddlestone slowing the play down and sideway passing as usual. Our decision making in our passes has been dreadful today and put pressure on us and allowed Forest to get us on the front foot and we can’t allow that to keep happening if we want to take something out of the game and lucky for us, Forest couldn’t take their chances and they couldn’t score and we managed to pick up two goals today but we can’t keep relying on luck to keep us through to the end of the season and pick up good results we must take our chances on our own and work harder on the pitch.
    Would agree with that assessment. Our passing does leave a lot to be desired; we can't blame Rowett for that. I'm not convinced Huddleston was his choice.

It's a difficult game to judge because we scored so early. We already know Rowett is very comfortable in setting up a team to defend and counter, it's our ability to break an opponent down through incisive attacking play that leaves so many question marks. I wouldn't say Forest dominated the game today. They dominated possession, but that's not the same thing. At the end of the first half we were probably slightly lucky to still be in front. McKay should've finished his one on one. After our second goal, however, our game management was superb and we looked more likely to add more than Forest did to claw one back. When you mention poor decision making, Tom Lawrence's name jumps out. This guy has a lot in his locker, but he definitely needs to engage his brain more often though. I'm really pleased we have Ledley. His positioning was excellent today and if he keeps Johnson out of the team that's a big bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redacted View Post
    It's a difficult game to judge because we scored so early. We already know Rowett is very comfortable in setting up a team to defend and counter, it's our ability to break an opponent down through incisive attacking play that leaves so many question marks. I wouldn't say Forest dominated the game today. They dominated possession, but that's not the same thing. At the end of the first half we were probably slightly lucky to still be in front. McKay should've finished his one on one. After our second goal, however, our game management was superb and we looked more likely to add more than Forest did to claw one back. When you mention poor decision making, Tom Lawrence's name jumps out. This guy has a lot in his locker, but he definitely needs to engage his brain more often though. I'm really pleased we have Ledley. His positioning was excellent today and if he keeps Johnson out of the team that's a big bonus for me.
    Derby were the better team in the first minute then Forest kicked into second gear and dominated the game and should of taken their clear cut chances, they had one chance where they were one on one with Carson but Carson kept his composure very well and stopped Forest getting the equaliser which could of turned the game in Forest favour but it wasn’t to be and we rode our luck and bagged the two goals and got the win and Forest paid the price on the day.

Tom Lawrence was poor today needs to show more commitment to his game need to see more from him.

I didn't say poor and I'm not sure you're being entirely fair to the guy describing his performance in that way. Wingers have to try things and take risks, otherwise you end up constantly passing sideways and backwards because everyone is so terrified of giving up possession. There's a delicate balance to be struck between encouraging young forwards to make better decisions whilst retaining their willingness to be brave and try different things to unlock a defence.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    Would agree with that assessment. Our passing does leave a lot to be desired; we can't blame Rowett for that. I'm not convinced Huddleston was his choice.
    Our passing does leave a lot to be desired but again it’s down to the recruitment team for finding players that gel well with the current system of the team and suits the managers game plan and so far they have done a poor job so far.

Rowett though does play a part on the training regime of the players so he can work with his backroom staff to work on getting the passing right and be more direct and creating more cleaner cut chances to our game.

Our passing does leave a lot to be desired but again it’s down to the recruitment team for finding players that gel well with the current system of the team and suits the managers game plan and so far they have done a poor job so far.

Rowett though does play a part on the training regime of the players so he can work with his backroom staff to work on getting the passing right and be more direct and creating more cleaner cut chances to our game.
    So far if they use a good detergent, it will be cleaner cut as they have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Redacted View Post
    I didn't say poor and I'm not sure you're being entirely fair to the guy describing his performance in that way. Wingers have to try things and take risks, otherwise you end up constantly passing sideways and backwards because everyone is so terrified of giving up possession. There's a delicate balance to be struck between encouraging young forwards to make better decisions whilst retaining their willingness to be brave and try different things to unlock a defence.
    Didn’t say you did call him poor I was using my own words.... actually I am being fair and I see the game how it is and tell it straight to the point and see how I see it and you may see the game differently to what I did but that’s why we are entitled to our own viewpoints is it not.

Tom Lawrence certainly didn’t take his chances well today gave the ball away far too easily and allowed the opposition to hit us on the front foot and despite wether he took a risk or not, that’s not an excuse to have a poor game today and like I said I expect to see more from him on the pitch in the next few games.

Didn’t say you did call him poor I was using my own words.... actually I am being fair and I see the game how it is and tell it straight to the point and see how I see it and you may see the game differently to what I did but that’s why we are entitled to our own viewpoints is it not.

Tom Lawrence certainly didn’t take his chances well today gave the ball away far too easily and allowed the opposition to hit us on the front foot and despite wether he took a risk or not, that’s not an excuse to have a poor game today and like I said I expect to see more from him on the pitch in the next few games.
    We've got to remember when we talk about the attacking wide midfielders that they have big job to do defensively .especially when we play 2 upfront like today leaving Huddleston and ledley outnumbered in the middle. That's why rowett likes Johnny and a big reason why Lawrence and Russell are short of goals

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)