+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gudmundsson

Gudmundsson

Yesterday's second half performance had Premier League class written all over it.

Injuries have kept his appearances in the side down but he will win us matches when on the field .

I think his performances for Iceland in the WCQ matches did his confidence a power of good...

Attachment 6845

A great bit of old fashioned wing play and a superb cross for the goal.. Hope we keep him in as we need somebody to feed the Wood as he will put them away all day long..

I noticed that he didn't cut inside every time yesterday - notably for the goal.

That was his biggest fault. It looks like they have been working on him to add this to his game.

If he can do it regularly he will be a very dangerous winger - something we have missed for yonks.

Two games for Iceland, two goals, seems to have done him a world of good. That was more like the Johann I thought we'd signed, but hadn't turned up for us in previous games this season. I hope he can carry on from this, because when he's on his game, he's a far better attacking option than Scotty,

What Sinkov says.

Not sure if it's my imagination but he seems to have "bulked up" quite a bit over the last six months and he looks a physically stronger player than he did this time last year.

He certainly changed the game when he came on the pitch on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not sure if it's my imagination but he seems to have "bulked up" quite a bit over the last six months and he looks a physically stronger player than he did this time last year.

He certainly changed the game when he came on the pitch on Saturday.

I agree about his physicality definitely improved,

You can see my previous argument with Arfield s inclusion in front Johann when we have a player who can do what he did against West Ham.

My thoughts are when he stays out wide and drops a shoulder and delivers real quality then he could really make a name for himself this year--- Woods and Vokes will thrive on good service and we could worry alot of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I agree about his physicality definitely improved,

You can see my previous argument with Arfield s inclusion in front Johann when we have a player who can do what he did against West Ham.

My thoughts are when he stays out wide and drops a shoulder and delivers real quality then he could really make a name for himself this year--- Woods and Vokes will thrive on good service and we could worry alot of teams.
    I like the fact that we can now effect the game with players coming off the bench. Barnes, Vokes and Wood are a real handful working as a threesome! How's about starting with those three at Citeh?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)