+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applause for Bryson

Applause for Bryson

I was watching on telly, and it appeared in the middle of the first half that the Derby fans broke into applause when Craig Bryson appeared on the big screen. Question for those there, were y'all applauding in recognition of a player of the past who never lacked for commitment, or in the hope he'll be back and firing on all cylinders in the near future? I'm not at all sure we have anyone we currently have anyone in midfield as good as Bryson at his peak, although by the time he went on loan he wasn't near his peak either.

apologies if I got it wrong and you were applauding Rammy tripping over yet another pitch mic or similar

I was applauding in recognition, both for his past achievements in a Derby shirt and his commitment in coming out to support the lads despite being farmed out on loan. I'd like Bryson back, but I don't see how there's a place for him in Rowett's preferred formation. Bryson is useless as a deep lying midfielder and Vydra seems to be making the support role his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Redacted View Post
    I was applauding in recognition, both for his past achievements in a Derby shirt and his commitment in coming out to support the lads despite being farmed out on loan. I'd like Bryson back, but I don't see how there's a place for him in Rowett's preferred formation. Bryson is useless as a deep lying midfielder and Vydra seems to be making the support role his own.
    Yes Vydra's take, run and pass for the second goal was what Bryson at his best did. Nugent actually pointing to where he wanted the ball was a bit Sunday Parks League but at least Vydra did exactly as instructed, in contrast to some of the really badly weighted passes from others

Don't understand what he's ever done to deserve such an applause, not as if he's a title / promotion winner.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Don't understand what he's ever done to deserve such an applause, not as if he's a title / promotion winner.
    What difference should that make? Craig Fagan has won promotion with us. Are you suggesting he's more worthy of applause than Bryson? Also, Craig Bryson is only the second player in our history to score a hat trick against Forest. I consider that quite a significant achievement.

Buxton was with him also watching the game, nice to see a past player come to watch his former club play on his time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Redacted View Post
    What difference should that make? Craig Fagan has won promotion with us. Are you suggesting he's more worthy of applause than Bryson? Also, Craig Bryson is only the second player in our history to score a hat trick against Forest. I consider that quite a significant achievement.
    Definitely, far more of an achievement than tapping in 3 goals against a poor forest team. Would you have given the same ovation if the camera panned to Roger Davies?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Definitely, far more of an achievement than tapping in 3 goals against a poor forest team. Would you have given the same ovation if the camera panned to Roger Davies?
    That's 2 more goals than Craig Fagan ever managed to tap in against any opposition in his entire stint at Derby. Davies always gets a good reception at Derby. How miserable do you have to be to start whinging about a Derby player getting a good reception from the fans? I bet you were seething when we clapped Wardy.

No, not at all. I've not winged at all, I just don't understand the love in for player who's achieved sweet FA.

I get what you say Adi - he hasnt achieved much for us but we have to have some heroes for the under 20s generation since we havent had anyone worthy of adulation this century 🙄

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)