+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motherwell one game away from a final

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Think if we can keep or nerves and temperament in tact and play a high pressing game from the off. Then there is no doubt in my mind that we have every chance of a victory. My one and only real concern is that the players let the occasion get to them, and this is where the likes of the backroom staff like McManus,Lasley and Craggs could be invaluable in helping our younger players.
    My fear is that the high pressing, like we did against Aberdeen, is so much harder at Hampden than Fir Park. It will be virtually impossible over 90 minutes and there's no chance we can do it for 120 if needed. On the other hand, there's so much more space for our guys to run into.

However, while this Rangers side are better than us - they will be in the top three come May, they've only lost twice domestically all season etc - you just can't compare them to the previous teams they've had which gives the name weight. If you go through the elevens player by player, Dorrans and Alves really stand out but most of us will remember when every single one of their guys was head and shoulders above ours - that's simply not the case now. If the players we face on Sunday were lining up in Hearts, not Rangers, jerseys, we'd clearly fancy our chances of an upset.

So on our day, we can definitely do it. As for the mind-games from Hartley, Robinson etc...normally it's not my cup of tea but this week I'm less against it than usual. Given they will get nowhere near Celtic in the league and could quite well finish behind Aberdeen, the cups are the only thing standing between Pedro and his P45 in eight months time and the pressure on them - relative to their ability - is absolutely huge. Reminding their players that they are (largely) one or two losses from being dispatched back to anonymity may not hurt at all.

SFA and SPFL originally wanted to charge Motherwell fans an extra £5 for semifinal tickets as we will be having singing and dancing in our stand ��������������������������������������

It can be done. Have a look at Scott Mullen's chat with Ian St John as he remembers the famous day

Rangers 2 Motherwell 5

As I walked down the Copland Road
    I heard a mighty clamour
    For the boys in blue
    Got f***** 5-2
    By the boys in claret and amber

Nice article, I managed to miss that in January.

I also looked up our 2002 Boxing Day victory line-up - rarely will we ever have won a game when (with a couple of exceptions) we appeared so comprehensively outclassed.

If Dubourdeau, Kinniburgh, Corrigan, Partridge, Hammell, Adams, Cowan, Leitch, Pearson, McFadden, and Lehmann can beat Klos, Malcolm, Moore, Amoruso, Muscat, Ricksen, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, de Boer, Mols and Caniggia (Dodds 72) then our current lot really have nothing to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Nice article, I managed to miss that in January.

I also looked up our 2002 Boxing Day victory line-up - rarely will we ever have won a game when (with a couple of exceptions) we appeared so comprehensively outclassed.

If Dubourdeau, Kinniburgh, Corrigan, Partridge, Hammell, Adams, Cowan, Leitch, Pearson, McFadden, and Lehmann can beat Klos, Malcolm, Moore, Amoruso, Muscat, Ricksen, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, de Boer, Mols and Caniggia (Dodds 72) then our current lot really have nothing to worry about...
    Quite!
    If that's not an inspiration, I dunno what is!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)