+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to stop City

this !

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    we're good at building them.

otherwise - some time ago....but City lost to Girona and drew to Everton - will look there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What a set of spineless scary cats we have on here! We will be front page on all of the World's sports newsfeeds come 16.55 on Saturday and for all the right reasons!
    I wouldn't call it spineless at all, Man City are tearing the @rse out of some opponents this season with their play, we are just being realistic and expect nothing when using our head but always plenty from our heart.

I think some posters are getting carried away with our lofty position (which has been earned) plus some with Claret tinted glasses after the Iceman's display feel he's our saviour and superstar, he isn't, he's had 2 or 3 good games for us, I think he is a good player when he's on form which hasn't been a lot, like Brady, some on here feel he's a credit to our team, IMO I don't think the occasional good cross, free kick, through balls are enough, he has to be more consistent.

Nothing would give be greater pleaser than beating City, its our biggest test to date and win, lose or draw as long as we put in a good shift I wont be too despondent.

We last beat them away in 1963 when we won 5-2.
    I’ll take that!

We have drawn two of our last three away games but losing 2-1 at New Year.
    We did of course win in 1960 2-1 to take the title.

We have only won 3 of our last 20 games though!
    They beat us 8-3 in 1925

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I wouldn't call it spineless at all, Man City are tearing the @rse out of some opponents this season with their play, we are just being realistic and expect nothing when using our head but always plenty from our heart.

I think some posters are getting carried away with our lofty position (which has been earned) plus some with Claret tinted glasses after the Iceman's display feel he's our saviour and superstar, he isn't, he's had 2 or 3 good games for us, I think he is a good player when he's on form which hasn't been a lot, like Brady, some on here feel he's a credit to our team, IMO I don't think the occasional good cross, free kick, through balls are enough, he has to be more consistent.

Nothing would give be greater pleaser than beating City, its our biggest test to date and win, lose or draw as long as we put in a good shift I wont be too despondent.

Trying to remain optimistic but winning this one would appear to be a bridge too far.

Right now I am more concerned about maintaining a decent goal difference which is worth a point in this league.

It's hard to see City being stopped so its the goals against column that is the prime concern.

Get away with a 2-0 defeat and its like a win IMO.

Anyone putting money on a Burnley win? Worked last time!

Moi! A tenner at 35-1. Might go totally bonkers and put another tenner on Wood to score first!

One touch Wood- might score if we get a penalty

Napoli should have drawn so hope Sean learned from their tactics in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Napoli should have drawn so hope Sean learned from their tactics in the second half
    Yes all we have to do is be a little better than Napoli!

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    One touch Wood- might score if we get a penalty
    Averaging better than a goal every two games is Wood, IDWT you just convinced me to slap a tenner on him scoring first.

Attachment 6899

my cut is only 10% TBT- tax paid first of coursr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)