+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger attendances?

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Today's official attendance at BDTBL is 25,799 including 1,452 visitors.
    There you go then. Nearer 1k than 2.

If I had the wings of a Sparrow.
    The dirty black a r s e of a Crow.
    I'd fly over Pigsborough tomorrow.
    And s h i t on the B A S T A R D S below.

Repeat and reprise.
    Iconic Blades song.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I agree. With the exception of the pigs, we should give up all the tickets we're not going to sell. However, I don't really get the whole 'why aren't we getting bigger attendances' thing. We're doing it on the pitch and the stands are far from empty. What does it matter..?
    Really getting taken outta of context. I aint having a dig. Im just saying this is best United have been in 11 years so what does it take for SOME fans to start coming again?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I don’t know if you post on S24 but there was a thread about attendances around a week ago. The OP wanted to know why the Lane wasn’t full every week. Here’s my reply...

“Why aren’t the grounds at other top-end clubs full every week? Why wasn’t the Sty full in Carlos’s first season when they’d had a massive boost of financial optimism, were not paying over the odds, played decent football and sang ‘We’re on our way back’ (ha), but only averaged 22.5k? Support takes time to grow unless a club’s does a Chelsea or Man City. Currently our support is growing just fine, and we don’t want the prawn sandwich brigade descended on us do we?

Having only just come up from league one, we’re the 7th best supported team in the Championship with a current average of 26,108, on a par with 6th and 5th Derby and Wolves, and the reason that we’re 1k behind the Pork in 4th is purely down to the last two local derbys at the Sty. Our home average was higher than theirs before they played us.

Sorry mate but after all the crap we’ve been through, I think that our support is coming along nicely and compares favourably to any club in the country right now”

#26GrayBlade, Oct 7, 2017

By the way GOM, our average attendance last season was 21,892 and we’re now averaging around 26,000 so it’s wrong to say it’s not much more as last season buddy. And let’s not forget we’ve got a lot of bigger games to come as well, Pigs, Dirties, Villa, Sunderland on Boxing Day, Florish, Boro and Dull etc. They’ll all sell out unlike Ipswich who only brought 1k.
    Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Really getting taken outta of context. I aint having a dig. Im just saying this is best United have been in 11 years so what does it take for SOME fans to start coming again?
    We've been f u c k i n g s h i t for a decade. It takes a wee while for folk to really believe again and also attract the next generation. We are on an upward curve. It is happening on the crowd front and will continue in that vein. The board are doing a fantastic job on pricing and availability in all stands.
    We have a genuine chance of continuing our momentum and unity and achieving back to back promotions. The Lane WILL ROCK with BLADES. F u c k away fans.

Ipswich brought 1,452.

Clubs like Leeds, Wednesday, Villa, Sunderland, Forest, Boro etc will only bring 800 more fans.
    Our Away capacity has been restricted to a feeble maximum amount of 2,200 or so.

Bramall Lane now (thanks to the Satefy Committee) offers one of the smaller away allocations in the Championship
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 16-10-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    Ipswich brought 1,452.

Clubs like Leeds, Wednesday, Villa, Sunderland, Forest, Boro etc will only bring 800 more fans.
    Our Away capacity has been restricted to a feeble maximum amount of 2,200 or so.

Bramall Lane now (thanks to the Satefy Committee) offers one of the smaller away allocations in the Championship
    Yep good innit. Let’s have as many Blades in as many parts of the ground as possible.

If the board are happy with the (possible) lack of income, there’s absolutely no reason as a Blades fan that we should want more away fans in the ground and so dilute our ability to out-support and make more noise than the Oppo. Not a pop at you mate, but I sometimes wonder if some are more bothered about being able to brag about the size of our gates than our results, because there’s absolutely no other logical reason that I can think of that anybody would want 2-3k more swine or scum in our ground cheering their side on.

I know we averaged abart 30k that season in't prem but when have either Sheffield side since the 70's averaged much more than 26k for home games? I would imagine for some who for whatever reason have stopped attendin,it's quite hard to get back in't routine of goin to games regularly again.UTCB

Since 2000 we have averaged over 26000 twice and the Pigs once. The two times the Pigs went from 3rd to 2nd tier they averages 19000 and 24000. So just STFU and be happy.

i get your point sbt just wish we could get a few more blades down at the lane best manager and best football weve seen for years

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast