+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger attendances?

Bigger attendances?

About 25k Blades on Saturday which is good but is anyone else thinking they should be more? We didnt get much less in league 1 with poorer away fans and the football and results at the minute are outstanding. It's not a dig its just im suprised and what's it going to do to get some fans back?

Just under 26000 against Ipswich seems pretty reasonable to me for a team that hasn't won anything in over 90 years

still not bad though 24 to 25 each home game but really cant see us getting more than 27 anyway with pricing might improve with half season tickets can see us selling at least 1k of them next match against hull should see us hit the 28k mark they should fill bllt and be a great atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    About 25k Blades on Saturday which is good but is anyone else thinking they should be more? We didnt get much less in league 1 with poorer away fans and the football and results at the minute are outstanding. It's not a dig its just im suprised and what's it going to do to get some fans back?
    I don’t know if you post on S24 but there was a thread about attendances around a week ago. The OP wanted to know why the Lane wasn’t full every week. Here’s my reply...

“Why aren’t the grounds at other top-end clubs full every week? Why wasn’t the Sty full in Carlos’s first season when they’d had a massive boost of financial optimism, were not paying over the odds, played decent football and sang ‘We’re on our way back’ (ha), but only averaged 22.5k? Support takes time to grow unless a club’s does a Chelsea or Man City. Currently our support is growing just fine, and we don’t want the prawn sandwich brigade descended on us do we?

Having only just come up from league one, we’re the 7th best supported team in the Championship with a current average of 26,108, on a par with 6th and 5th Derby and Wolves, and the reason that we’re 1k behind the Pork in 4th is purely down to the last two local derbys at the Sty. Our home average was higher than theirs before they played us.

Sorry mate but after all the crap we’ve been through, I think that our support is coming along nicely and compares favourably to any club in the country right now”

#26GrayBlade, Oct 7, 2017

By the way GOM, our average attendance last season was 21,892 and we’re now averaging around 26,000 so it’s wrong to say it’s not much more as last season buddy. And let’s not forget we’ve got a lot of bigger games to come as well, Pigs, Dirties, Villa, Sunderland on Boxing Day, Florish, Boro and Dull etc. They’ll all sell out unlike Ipswich who only brought 1k.

thought there looked more than 1k ipswich fans to be honest gray but your right weve still got lots of big games to come at the lane many of which should attract 28k plus crowds with only a handful of teams giving away fans more than 3k in tickets we should be right up there on average attendances at the end of season mind and i know i will be shot down on this one again if the away team can sell 4k tickets at the lane i would let them have them

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    thought there looked more than 1k ipswich fans to be honest gray but your right weve still got lots of big games to come at the lane many of which should attract 28k plus crowds with only a handful of teams giving away fans more than 3k in tickets we should be right up there on average attendances at the end of season mind and i know i will be shot down on this one again if the away team can sell 4k tickets at the lane i would let them have them
    Just over 1k was what the Ipswich fans were saying mate. I’ve not checked it out but I thought it looked about right personally.

The BLUT was pretty full on Saturday, Herby’s leading a move for fans to relocate there and I’m all in favour TBH.

I’d give the Pigs exactly what they gave us and charge them the same. We’ve got season tickets in the Westfield corner and as SBT said the atmosphere’s getting better with every game up there. No way do I want to share the stand with Pork or Dirties feck em, and it’s got to be better for our players and bad for the oppo to have support on all 4 sides. I think it’s great that the club are putting the fans ahead of a quick buck for a change, and who knows it might be worth a good few points over the rest of the season and we’ll stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    I agree. With the exception of the pigs, we should give up all the tickets we're not going to sell. However, I don't really get the whole 'why aren't we getting bigger attendances' thing. We're doing it on the pitch and the stands are far from empty. What does it matter..?

Yea. Lets give Villa,Mackams,Sc u m etc loads more tickets so we have to shift all those Blades who go in the BLUT and have half an acre of netting seperating it from the many ST holders in the Westfield corner just to drag a few more quid in.
    I slate our board for many things but putting BLADES fans first,second and 3rd on getting support on all 4 sides and allowing our fans first dibs on the best view in the house gets my cap doffed and a huge 5 star thanks and fist pump to all concerned from me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Just over 1k was what the Ipswich fans were saying mate. I’ve not checked it out but I thought it looked about right personally.

The BLUT was pretty full on Saturday, Herby’s leading a move for fans to relocate there and I’m all in favour TBH.

I’d give the Pigs exactly what they gave us and charge them the same. We’ve got season tickets in the Westfield corner and as SBT said the atmosphere’s getting better with every game up there. No way do I want to share the stand with Pork or Dirties feck em, and it’s got to be better for our players and bad for the oppo to have support on all 4 sides. I think it’s great that the club are putting the fans ahead of a quick buck for a change, and who knows it might be worth a good few points over the rest of the season and we’ll stay up.

Today's official attendance at BDTBL is 25,799 including 1,452 visitors.

The pigs will only get BLLT and hopefully drenched in p i ss. And battered on the pitch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast