+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T RIP Sean Hughes

O/T RIP Sean Hughes

Died today aged 51. Really enjoyed seeing him on "Never mind the Buzzcocks"

Just been talking to Brassgnat about him. Saw Sean live on stage several times - he was vey good, and much harder hitting on stage than his knockabout performances in "Never mind the Buzzcocks", enjoyable though they were. Talksport Radio said his that death was due to drink-related problems. Sad news.

Yes sounds like he was being treated for cirrhosis of he liver

RIP

Saw him live quite a few times. He was a really funny guy and I really enjoyed his gigs.

They were showing Sean Hughes with Scary spice from the Buzzcocks as a way of showing his humour. He was naturally funny. He just had to stand there. He was dry, didn't have to say much. R I P

I have never heard of this guy but it reinforces my view that MM RIP threads almost always involve "pop stars", TV personalities and comedians (as long as they feature regularly on TV). That Hughes gets an RIP for drinking himself to death while Caruana Galizia's - a journalist and blooger at the forefront of exposing political corruption and the influence of organised crime in European politics - brutal assassination passes MM posters by says a great deal, although I'm not sure what.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I have never heard of this guy but it reinforces my view that MM RIP threads almost always involve "pop stars", TV personalities and comedians (as long as they feature regularly on TV). That Hughes gets an RIP for drinking himself to death while Caruana Galizia's - a journalist and blooger at the forefront of exposing political corruption and the influence of organised crime in European politics - brutal assassination passes MM posters by says a great deal, although I'm not sure what.
    RIP Caruana Galizia

Apart from the Buzzcocks he briefly had his own show which was a complete rip-off of The Garry Shandling Show. He was OK on BUzzcocks though, much better than the unfunny Jupitus anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Get your head out of those books and broadsheets, get a satellite dish and get yourself on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.

George Best & Alex Higgins drink was a major factor in there deaths but while they were here & in there pomp we celebrated what they brought to there sports. Sean Hughes had a dry sense of humour on the Buzzcocks, I'll remember him for that.