+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    And finally. Well, it's the same night, so within my 'notice period'.
    A MASSIVE raspberry to those who thought Ainley and Lowery shouldn't be in our midfield. Thought they were well worth their places.
    Funnily enough, I thought Ainley was a bit off the pace today. Not at his best. Worth his place of course an he didn't play poorly. Just not at his best.

Best £7 (£14 for the pair of us), I have spent all season. Fantastic cup-tie and a brilliant second half fight back from the lads (as most of our team were once again). Ainley certainly got his second wind for that wonderful goal that he grabbed at the death. Never gave up on that one. Now can we emulate that 1990-91 FA Cup run when we beat Rotherham (1-0) and go on to the fifth round. Lost to West Ham at Upton Park (1-0) that season, but did ourselves proud. Still not giving up on Dave Artell just yet.

Fair play to there chairmen when Ainley scored he was on his feet clapping and at the final whistle he wished us all the the best Ifor the second round

Quote Originally Posted by Preston76 View Post
    Fair play to there chairmen when Ainley scored he was on his feet clapping and at the final whistle he wished us all the the best Ifor the second round
    I thought that their fans were also very well behaved and I didn't witness any trouble. I noticed that the chip van was missing yesterday and perhaps that was due to an anticipated low gate. No half-time scores announcement was a disappointment. Always enjoy hearing those.

Need to remember scoff is getting on a bit. Probably a kip ��

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12