+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hegazi at fault again!

Hegazi at fault again!

Leaden footed,didn't even get off the ground for the cross that lead to their goal.

That's six points in the minus column due to him so far this season in my opinion.

In the end you get what you pay for generally.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Leaden footed,didn't even get off the ground for the cross that lead to their goal.

That's six points in the minus column due to him so far this season in my opinion.

Stoke and Leicester I make it. Which is four points dropped

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Very, very harsh to blame Hegazi for that goal. First of all, Chadli lost the ball trying a stupid back heel when we were in a good position at the other end of the pitch. However the ball travelled quite far so I guess its harsh to blame him.

If I had to point the finger at anyone it would be Barry. Slimani headed it to Mahrez who chested it past Barry to strike on goal. I thought he could have made it harder for Mahrez.

Also, Hegazi headed a winner for us in the first game of the season. There's two points he's gained us without the countless clearances/blocks/headers he has made, far too many to mention.

He's not the best defender in the world, but its his first season in the Prem and he's doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Stoke and Leicester I make it. Which is four points dropped

And Watford's second equaliser.

Watch it again and you'll see that he misjudged the flight of the long cross from which they scored.

It's small margins of course but class players rarely make this sort of error whilst Hegazi has now made three such errors in four games.

Over the last three previous seasons G Mac made less errors imo albeit the Vardy and Costa goals as season apart were costly.

So he should be faultless? like perfect? lol

I we are to play 4 at the back, at present Hegazi would just edge it for me. Having said that, I haven't really had much opportunity to assess G Mac's form this season.
    Certainly I prefer Dawson at full back over Nyom, notwithstanding the latter's better performances with the ball going forward.
    At least, in both G Mac and Nyom cases, they are decent potential subs.

Every goal scored in every league in the football world is somebody's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    So he should be faultless? like perfect? lol
    That's not my point.

At 6ft 5 inches tall he shouldn't be getting outdone so easily on crosses.

There was one instance in the Stoke match where he completely misjudged a cross at the BRE and was lucky to get away with it.

If it was a keeper dropping one or two of these howlers each match then more people would notice it.

A lot of people who watch football don't pick up on these sort of errors but I'm sure that coaches do with constant replays and hopefully they'll work on it will him.

In effect he's getting caught flat footed underneath the ball rather than attacking it,when he does attack it he actually a very solid header of the ball so it's more his positional sense that's letting him down at present.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Very, very harsh to blame Hegazi for that goal. First of all, Chadli lost the ball trying a stupid back heel when we were in a good position at the other end of the pitch. However the ball travelled quite far so I guess its harsh to blame him.

If I had to point the finger at anyone it would be Barry. Slimani headed it to Mahrez who chested it past Barry to strike on goal. I thought he could have made it harder for Mahrez.

Also, Hegazi headed a winner for us in the first game of the season. There's two points he's gained us without the countless clearances/blocks/headers he has made, far too many to mention.

He's not the best defender in the world, but its his first season in the Prem and he's doing okay.

Also leading up to the goal there was little attempt to stop the cross, shouldn’t Dawson have done better?

I blame foster for Watford equaliser a cross coming along way and headed in around 6 yard line , surely a keeper should come and collect that every time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)