+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McGeehan puts injury behind him

McGeehan puts injury behind him

Barnsley midfielder Cameron McGeehan was delighted to score his first goal since returning from a broken leg.

The 22-year-old joined the Reds from League Two Luton Town in the summer, but at the time he had not kicked a ball in anger since suffering his injury in January.

But McGeehan, pictured, who scored 11 goals last term before missing the second half of the season, found the back of the net in only his second start for the club during Saturday’s 2-2 home draw with big-spending Middlesbrough.

And the Northern Irishman said: “It was a lovely feeling. Obviously, it’s been a journey of nine or ten months.

“Coming to a new club, it’s great to get off the mark.

“It was only my second start so I’m still finding my feet and still finding my fitness.

“I’m still getting to know the other players and how they play, so it’s going to take time, but I’m getting there. I’m working really hard in training.”

McGeehan believes it was a good point against a strong side, but admits he and his teammates were disappointed not to take all three.

And the youngster is already looking at turning Gary Monk’s outfit over in the return fixture in March.

He added: “Hopefully we can get all three points when we face them away later in the season.

“It was a frenetic start. The whole game was fast.

“It was a good point at the end after a really fast start.

“We were disappointed we didn’t win the game but you’ve got to look at the fact that they were in the Premier League last year.

“Hopefully we’re beginning to build some momentum.”

Sheff Star

It was an excellent goal - he arrived late in the box so wasn't "picked up" - we've not had this for many years (necessary when playing with one striker) - reminiscent of Bryan Robson at his best

Be sold in January

It was always going to be baby steps this season until we got the squad up to speed and I reckon it's coming along nicely.
    McGeeHan, thiam, izzy and the full backs need integrating alongside the rest of the new team who I think have done well up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Be sold in January
    Glass half empty again DOOALI?
    This is why we've gone for 3 year contracts this time.

It's keeping everyone happy that's the problem. I'd like to see Potts rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It's keeping everyone happy that's the problem. I'd like to see Potts rested.
    Great ball in from Potts for McGeehan to score on setdi i think they lookalike too , both good players and neither will be sold , we need to build round these type of players ,

His cross took a huge deflection