+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moaning

Moaning

Been going up the baggies now for a good number of years like a lot of folk on here.seen some great footballers and football,there was not a gang as such but about 4or5 of us most games ,one mate who shall stay nameless.we would come of the hawthorns winning 4nill ,should have been 5,or won 3-1bad goal to give away,never satisfied.just saying .

I notice the moaning way more on here than up the match. So in my opinion, the negativity on this board is not a fair proportion of fans views...

Many, many clubs in the football league, and a few in the prem who would swap with us right now.

I've been a supporter for 60 years next April. I hate the moaners (although I ranted in the Don Howe years, and the 90s).
    I like to think I've encouraged the team through the bad years, but I confess I've been a pain the last 2 seasons. It might be enough for some to boast that we're a League above our neighbours and that's all that matters, but I can't accept the drudgery that I've witnessed lately, and if I moan about it it's because I'm frustrated. Look what happened for 5 minutes when Myhill went down: we kept the ball away from him for 10 minutes (or whatever) by trying to get forward; frustrated midfielders looked as if they were enjoying themselves, and we looked comfortable on the ball (which 5 International players should do). Different story as soon as we scored: robotically we sat back and played the 30% possession game against a pretty poor Leicester side, and an equaliser was inevitable, and most opposing sides would probably have beaten us in the end.
    10 pts from 8 games is not enough considering the easy fixtures we've had, and until we try attacking I'll moan all the way to The Championship.
    The "few in the prem who would swap" are Day Trippers - but we're above that. We're 11th in the All-time League, renowned for our attacking. 60 years applauding them has seen some great proud days out.

Moaning can be (not always) a complete lack of appreciation for what we are doing as a club. We have all witnessed better football from the baggies for sure but just remind yourself of the last few decades. We went from 16 years of trying to get out of the championship....to getting into the Prem but as the YO-YO team, returning to the championship....to establishing ourselves as a just avoiding relegation club for a few seasons....to now being seen as a top ten club.
    Thats progress in anyones book. I really believe we are on the up. Keep the faith. As we slowly climb, our football will improve because we will attract bigger and better names.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Moaning can be (not always) a complete lack of appreciation for what we are doing as a club. We have all witnessed better football from the baggies for sure but just remind yourself of the last few decades. We went from 16 years of trying to get out of the championship....to getting into the Prem but as the YO-YO team, returning to the championship....to establishing ourselves as a just avoiding relegation club for a few seasons....to now being seen as a top ten club.
    Thats progress in anyones book. I really believe we are on the up. Keep the faith. As we slowly climb, our football will improve because we will attract bigger and better names.
    Not under Pulis we won't, the guys sucking the life out of the club and the supporters.

We've attracted bigger and better players but the performances remain dreary.
    I don't believe we can climb any higher, position wise in the Prem. Top 6 are pretty much nailed on.

7th no good then?

I agree Boingy. haven't change my view top ten and the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    7th no good then?
    Ratner made lots of money selling 5hite...Pulis no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    7th no good then?
    Not much higher than what we managed last season.7th position wise the the best we can hope for so I wonder when our football will improve. If not now when we are at our zenith then when?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)