+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Places you might have lived...but didn't.

Born in Lincoln, raised in Rotherham for 30+ years.
    Moved to Lincoln in 1999, met my wife who lived in Great Gonerby ( lovely village just north of Grantham), and happy to this day in Great Gonerby.

Very nearly moved down South to be with the love of my life, who I met whilst working on the Isle of Sheppey.
    Fortunately for me, she agreed to move to Rotherham.
    She loved it up North, but said that she didn't like the cold.... so, as I could never live in a place where I'd be regarded as a Southerner, we moved to Florida.
    Last edited by sota; 19-10-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wow! You could have been to blame for everything
    I know, Frog. The world doesn't know how close it came to a different outcome!

More seriously, your's sounded like tough start. Credit to you and the woo'ed frogette for the courage to take The Big Leap and give your kids what seems like a solid successful start.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Cam's memory of getting lost between Gringley and Drakeholes put me in mind of other abortive journeys that may have influenced my life. The first was in the mid-1950s when we gained a place on the Assisted Passage Scheme to Australia. At the last moment my mother refused to leave her parents and so we gave up Melbourne for East Herringthorpe - probably a wise choice. A couple of years later, by contrast, my parents got the Angel Hotel at Bolsover. For reasons never fully explained but possibly related to a skeleton in a cupboard this also fell through at the last minute. How different things might have been if either move had come off.
    Bloody ek monty you could have been a spireshyte.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We saw a chance to have more money in our pockets than we'd ever likely to have again. With 2 young kids (2 & 6) we sold the house and bought a motorhome. The plan was to look round the areas that we found pleasing and if we ddn't like it we'd move on.

We had an adventure, we've rebuilt and redevopped a ruin. The kids have grown up in an enviroment that we'd have never been able to afford where we were. I must say though that if we hadn't have done it we'd have been happy still with what we had.
    Gotta say Froggy i admire you, and your mrs for the bravery you showed in taking the decision you did, no doubt you're reaping the rewards now, good effort your two!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I know, Frog. The world doesn't know how close it came to a different outcome!

More seriously, your's sounded like tough start. Credit to you and the woo'ed frogette for the courage to take The Big Leap and give your kids what seems like a solid successful start.
    Thanks for that. They certainly have ha a lot of things out of our reach back in Rawmarsh.

When I get my ankle sorted out we've decided to take another adventure. We don't know where to yet but we'll probably stay in France.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Gotta say Froggy i admire you, and your mrs for the bravery you showed in taking the decision you did, no doubt you're reaping the rewards now, good effort your two!
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12