+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Crewe V Notts Predictions

Having attended every game so far this season home and away,I can honestly say we have played well in games.
    Do I think we have played teams off the park?
    No!
    Do I think we have dominated sides with a great performance?
    Yes! Exeter
    Do I think we have been resilient in games?
    Yes! Wycombe
    Do I think there is more to come?
    A massive yes.
    We are no-where near the finished article.
    But do sit second in the league
    And if Nolan can get the troops back to the form before the Mansfaild game which has for some reason deflated us then we have a real good chance this season.
    Agree, we need some new recruits in January with hopefully a centre half and a striker on the list.
    If some think we are in a false position !
    I know where I would rather be.
    Second in the league will do fine.
    But must do better for sure if we are to push for promotion.
    Saturday's game against Carlisle isn't the easiest of treks.
    Nor the easiest of games.
    But stupidly enough I'm expecting a result there.
    We need to get some form back and quick.
    Come on Notts

QUOTE Sure, everyone has their opinion, including Mark Stallard on Radio Nottingham, you ought to hear what he had to say about tonight's shocker. He reckons it's the worst this season. He was none too complimentary about Nolly's chopping and changing either. QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    At least he tells it as it is!
    "Like I say" Stallard

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    QUOTE Sure, everyone has their opinion, including Mark Stallard on Radio Nottingham, you ought to hear what he had to say about tonight's shocker. He reckons it's the worst this season. He was none too complimentary about Nolly's chopping and changing either. QUOTE

"Like I say" Stallard
    I bet it was 'one of them' too.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Sure, everyone has their opinion, including Mark Stallard on Radio Nottingham, you ought to hear what he had to say about tonight's shocker. He reckons it's the worst this season. He was none too complimentary about Nolly's chopping and changing either.

I dont think anyone is actually trying to stop anyone else expressing an opinion but is simply telling that person what they think of their opinion (albeit short on "tact and diplomacy" sometimes!)

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I never commented on the game tonight, never do if I’m not there. Just more over reaction when we are second in the league with a quarter of the season gone, give him time and let him do it his way. This modern day attitude of wanting things instantly has to change.
    It's an interesting point about the modern day football fan wanting success instantly. There is always room for improvement in any side that is not top of the league that we must not forget.

It's easy for some fans to slip into what I call the "Forest Syndrome" which is when fans of a club think that their team has a right to be higher in the pyramid than what they should be based on their past rather than on current merit. The impact of being behind so to speak is to want to catch up quickly and get to get back to where they were once before. This puts the club, it's staff and players under too much pressure and expectation. That's why managers get sacked in haste sometimes.

I don't want to see us in League Two any season longer than necessary. However 5 years of decline (since we finished just outside of the League one playoffs in 2012) is not going to be reversed in 10 months no matter how good AH
    or KN maybe. They've worked wonders to stop us sliding out of the league and stabilise us in the first five months. To top this by being at the top end in October shows we are moving in the right direction.

It will take time for us to get back into League One, and more importantly stay there without coming straight back down. If we can get promoted this season then great, but if not and it takes another season for the club to grow and be stronger then so be it.

We also have to remember that we have a young manager who is learning as well. Every time we lose he too will learn something from it and that will only make us better in the future.

Let's keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It's an interesting point about the modern day football fan wanting success instantly. There is always room for improvement in any side that is not top of the league that we must not forget.

It's easy for some fans to slip into what I call the "Forest Syndrome" which is when fans of a club think that their team has a right to be higher in the pyramid than what they should be based on their past rather than on current merit. The impact of being behind so to speak is to want to catch up quickly and get to get back to where they were once before. This puts the club, it's staff and players under too much pressure and expectation. That's why managers get sacked in haste sometimes.

I don't want to see us in League Two any season longer than necessary. However 5 years of decline (since we finished just outside of the League one playoffs in 2012) is not going to be reversed in 10 months no matter how good AH
    or KN maybe. They've worked wonders to stop us sliding out of the league and stabilise us in the first five months. To top this by being at the top end in October shows we are moving in the right direction.

It will take time for us to get back into League One, and more importantly stay there without coming straight back down. If we can get promoted this season then great, but if not and it takes another season for the club to grow and be stronger then so be it.

We also have to remember that we have a young manager who is learning as well. Every time we lose he too will learn something from it and that will only make us better in the future.

Let's keep the faith.
    Nice one....I've just watched the highlights again, and apart from not creating anything of note ourselves, it was a silly goal to give away that put us on the back-foot....unmarked at the back post, nods it across the goal and gets it back to smash it into the net....Crewe's 2nd was a superb ball into space for the striker to run onto

It's not the end of the world.....after Coventry and Mansfield, I was shell-shocked, but we recovered nicely after Covo and marched up the league.....after Mansfield we got a draw and a win......I trust KN to pick the lads up, get 'em to Carlisle and do a "smash-n-grab"

2nd in the table still looks nice to me.....and if we are in the top 7 come New Year's Day, I will be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nice one....I've just watched the highlights again, and apart from not creating anything of note ourselves, it was a silly goal to give away that put us on the back-foot....unmarked at the back post, nods it across the goal and gets it back to smash it into the net....Crewe's 2nd was a superb ball into space for the striker to run onto

It's not the end of the world.....after Coventry and Mansfield, I was shell-shocked, but we recovered nicely after Covo and marched up the league.....after Mansfield we got a draw and a win......I trust KN to pick the lads up, get 'em to Carlisle and do a "smash-n-grab"

2nd in the table still looks nice to me.....and if we are in the top 7 come New Year's Day, I will be very pleased.

We made Crewe look like Real Madrid, Thats how bad we were...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We made Crewe look like Real Madrid, Thats how bad we were...
    KN reckons that was the best he's seen Crewe play from watching vids of them.....so the question is, did we make them look good, or did they raise their game against the league leaders?......a bit of both probably

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910