+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit.

Yet more delays to the withdraw bill , this whole situation is one cluster feck .

Because the referendum was so close its impossible to find any common ground here and come up with a solution that everyone can get behind .

The years inside the EU have compounded the situation , in too deep and now we can't exit effectively .

Impossible situation developing .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-bill-delayed

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    And just think, if the witless, spineless labour government hadn't allowed completely uncontrolled immigration and the birth of the nanny state then maybe some of the leavers may have voted the other way.
    Tories always go criminally too far
    Labour are just inept
    Cherie, sorry, tony blairs legacy has taken the country's hand and trapped it in a door. Meanwhile they're not bart a bob or two.

[QUOTE=Gwynn Thomas vs stum;38680895]And just think, if the witless, spineless labour government hadn't allowed completely uncontrolled immigration and the birth of the nanny state then maybe some of the leavers may have voted the other way

I agree about Labour [New] allowing uncontrolled immigration & I know they encouraged it but this Gov't has had 7 years to address the issue but lets be honest here as long as we are in the EU as we were in the Blair years we could not & cannot do owt about it so the argument is academic isn't it?

[QUOTE=Exiletyke;38681222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    And just think, if the witless, spineless labour government hadn't allowed completely uncontrolled immigration and the birth of the nanny state then maybe some of the leavers may have voted the other way

I agree about Labour [New] allowing uncontrolled immigration & I know they encouraged it but this Gov't has had 7 years to address the issue but lets be honest here as long as we are in the EU as we were in the Blair years we could not & cannot do owt about it so the argument is academic isn't it?
    Powerless in the EU , and they won’t listen to reasoning

I do not believe people did not understand the issues during the referendum, I do believe the important issues were not presented to the electorate during the referendum campaign. Listening to the three Brexiteers (Johnson the buffon Fox the fraud and Davies who pretends to have been in the SAS) was like listening to the flat earth society. They spun tales about all these trade agreements we were going to establish all over the world and untold riches would wash up on our shores. Get real, our manufacturing industry is tiny, exactly what are we going to sell to the rest of the world? Our biggest industry is financial services tourism and wars. These can all be done by other countries, we already have a successful tarrif free market in Europe. There is a lot wrong with the EU but as a member we should be contributing to improving it not being diverted by extreme right wing Tories who want to create a low tax cheap labour society. We had that in the Victorian age, the richest nation on earth and most of the population were exploited peasants.

Out means out for me. Time these sponging b@stud countries spent their own money not ours. Time these immigrants coming here sponging off the NHS, getting free bus passes to get to their drug deals, robbing in broad daylight and bringing all their family here for treatments we can’t afford and shouldn’t be charging their home countries for. When we’ve done this, we need to cut all ties with India and Pakistan and stop all the other spongers, health tourists and benefit tourists coming here.
    I’m all for enriching and improving impoverished peoples lives .... in Europe and the world, but let’s start by making this country look after itself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Out means out for me. Time these sponging b@stud countries spent their own money not ours. Time these immigrants coming here sponging off the NHS, getting free bus passes to get to their drug deals, robbing in broad daylight and bringing all their family here for treatments we can’t afford and shouldn’t be charging their home countries for. When we’ve done this, we need to cut all ties with India and Pakistan and stop all the other spongers, health tourists and benefit tourists coming here.
    I’m all for enriching and improving impoverished peoples lives .... in Europe and the world, but let’s start by making this country look after itself first.
    Thall doo fomee as ruff as thy are , LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    A little stereotypical jules I had you down as having a little more oil in your lamp , goose stepping in the living room with a copy of the daily mail under your arm is more yorkshireborn territory .

The country can't look after itself without a certain amount of immigration , there's a staff crisis already developing in the NHS for starters , it would completely collapse tomorrow without immigration .

I stop short of letting every tomas , mario and josef into the country and recruited to perform the race to the bottom jobs which flood the market with cheap labour and drive down wages but we need skills because we just don't have em mate .

We've always had the opportunity to control immigration even within the EU but Blair decided to open the doors completely despite advise to the contrary and we have today what we have .

The problem with this country is that we've become a low skilled , low wage state and that is what we need to change .

The German's manufacture great products that they export , we don't make shyte anymore and now the chickens are coming home to roost and what's more we don't have enough skilled workers to even begin to turn that around to compensate trading outside of the single market .

Whilst nobody will starve to death and neither will the country go into complete meltdown life outside of the EU is going to be bloody difficult for ordinary people like us , prices will rise and to compensate inflation the interest rates will have to go up and then mortgages go unpaid , throw job losses into the mix and before too long you are in recession land .

It could be grim until the country starts to make things that country's want to buy off us or provide services that can be transferred to the global market .

The best of two evils and remaining in the single market Norway style maybe the smart move eventually , I can see it coming but only a Labour government will deliver that and that's not guaranteed by any means .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 18-10-2017 at 10:53 PM.

If we sogn up to have a deal the same as Norway’s we may as well stay in the EU

The Brexit vote was not a vote where you voted for a political party but for in or out of the E.U. so after the vote a crossbench group of MP's should have been appointed to deal with these negotiations and not left to the rabble we have now who think the well being of the tory party is more important than the country's exit, I'm sure the people of the UK would be far more content in leaving with an all party negotiating team.

I think the cabinet (including the prime minister) should have been made up of ministers that were all for Brexit and not all of them were. That doesn't help for a start in my book.

As have May, David Cameron might as well have carried on. However, Cameron didn't want to be a hypocrite. Strange world politics.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast