+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit.

It makes me laugh how a lot presume that anyone who voted leave was presumably misled and didn’t understand what they were voting for by Tory loons and Farage , only those who voted remain understood the question.

People were rightly given a choice

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    I totally agree with Kinderscout & Upthecolliers ! We are heading for a nightmare because of the lunatic right wing of Farage, Fox, Davies, Johnson & Leadsom - I want us to sort out the problem of unfettered immigration but we are heading for economy disaster - we haven't left yet & sterling is taking a pounding (no pun intended) & will soon be on a par with the euro! We will not get a good trade deal with Trump's America First strategy
    Borrowing has doubled, inflation/cost of living up but, still, we have lower unemployment (zero hours contracts abound & more people in work are on benefits) - still, we can afford to bribe the nutty DUP & give tax breaks to our rich pals from the magic money tree! When we fall over the cliff edge, we can blame the "enemy" (as described by Hammond) & wave our union jacks & sing God a Save the Queen on the way to the ever-popular food banks! We live in dangerous times & are self-harming - I know some of you disagree (as is your right) but I honestly believe it is madness!
    Johnson was a remainer to start with only Farage was a true brexiter.
    the pound has been on a downward trend for decade which is good for exporters. as well as the US there other countries around the world we can trade with especially the food sector.
    borrowing inflation nowt to do with brexit we not left yet zero hours thats called agency work been around for decades under all parties.
    they haven't bribed the DUP dont know wot u mean by nutty as the money was already allocated for NI its just been moved around the projects they favour, still benefiting the people of NI.
    your crystal ball must be good to predict we'll fall of a cliff edge you must win the lottery every week.

And just think, if the witless, spineless labour government hadn't allowed completely uncontrolled immigration and the birth of the nanny state then maybe some of the leavers may have voted the other way.
    Tories always go criminally too far
    Labour are just inept
    Cherie, sorry, tony blairs legacy has taken the country's hand and trapped it in a door. Meanwhile they're not bart a bob or two.

New Labour mentioned re-nationalising things. However, they were just Tories in disguise and were caught by the capitalist bug. They spent all the money and some more on illegal wars and had to borrow the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It makes me laugh how a lot presume that anyone who voted leave was presumably misled and didn’t understand what they were voting for by Tory loons and Farage , only those who voted remain understood the question.

People were rightly given a choice
    I think people perfectly understood the question ESR but the Remain campaign failed to get the consequences of leaving over to the public effectively .

I voted leave because I simply don't like the way the EU operate , I didn't like the way we were heading towards a European super state .

I didn't like the way immigration was used to drive down wages in the UK by flooding the market with cheap labour whilst companies such as ASOS and Sports Direct exploited the situation .

My vote was against the system as much as anything else .

Maybe I shouldn't have voted at all given that both sides of the debate have major flaws .

I like the view point that we should never have gone into Europe in the first place. How much heavy industry did we have before entering Europe and how much do we have now? How many immigrants did we have before entering Europe and how many do we have now? Did we need permission on where to fish before we entered Europe and do we now?

I also think it's worth pointing out that Labour would find it incredibly difficult within the EU to re-nationalise the energy companies and the rail network .

The EU are not for nationalised industries and have strict rules regarding it .

This goes someway to explain why Labour are also keen on leaving the EU if in a softer manner than the tories .

Slightly away from the topic but it's claimed this morning that people need a £15 per week pay increase just to take us back to a standard of living enjoyed in 2006 .

Not going to happen unless we see an increase in productivity say the bosses .

So who the feck is responsible for increasing productivity then ?

The fecking management you set of spanners , so get off your fecking asses you lazy set of keyboard tapping morons who start every sentence with the word " SO " and do some fecking work .

Except it's a load of bollox innit , plenty of fat in the meat for corporate pay .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think people perfectly understood the question ESR but the Remain campaign failed to get the consequences of leaving over to the public effectively .

I voted leave because I simply don't like the way the EU operate , I didn't like the way we were heading towards a European super state .

I didn't like the way immigration was used to drive down wages in the UK by flooding the market with cheap labour whilst companies such as ASOS and Sports Direct exploited the situation .

My vote was against the system as much as anything else .

Maybe I shouldn't have voted at all given that both sides of the debate have major flaws .
    Agree with that

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast