+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

As soon as I heard the team news I had 2nd thoughts on my pre-match score prediction.
    Lyle Taylor & Liam Trotter in their side. Two players with something to prove.
    Taylors not scored for 21 games,
    Could he score against us ? Yup aided & abetted by poor defending once again.
    Give credit to AFC they chased everything, closing us down & us resorting to long ball to Kieffer Moore.
    As poor a 1st half I've seen, a long way down & a long way back.....£50 out of pocket as well.

Footnote : almost certain I saw Mick McCarthy there last night.

Mistake before game was including Williams, he wasn't his best last game and I fully expected him to miss this one.
    Warney needs to use his football eyes and brain then he wouldn't have lost this game imo

I expected the third goal when Mattock was took off

We need to be clever when Moore is marked by more than one player, keeper could stop kicking the ball to him all the time. for a start.

I had us to win this and draw at Oxford, hope we now can get 3 points and a clean sheet 😳

350ish Millers 👍🏻

McCarthy was there, I'd say that's Moore signing for us 😉
    Last edited by millertop; 18-10-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Warney is still coming across as naive in team selection and tactics, especially in away games. Although the "always go for a win" strategy is great entertainment for any neutrals watching, it doesnt often bring us any points away from home . The injuries to Potter and Frecks were significant, and our midfield looked weak without them - let's hope they are back soon. We should probably have gone more defensive and tried to play the game out for a draw after equalising.

Overheard some Dons fans saying that McCarthy was at the game as I left the ground
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-10-2017 at 07:34 AM.

just seen highlights, surely their second goal should'nt have stood.
    cheating ref again?

We’ve got a lack of leadership on the pitch.

At 1-1 last night yep we had a few chances but we shouldn’t be losing that game.
    We either win or lose no in between.
    Entertaining yes but not always the smartest tactic away from home.

Wood slow and Ajayi error-prone, looks like defence is the weak point & probably the reason we won't get promoted.

It was played on a Tuesday, we don't win on a Tuesday )
    Seriously we do seem to have a problem with midweek games, at 1 - 1 we should play the game out

Went last night and rather wished I hadn't. Ground bit of a throwback, but their support was quite vocal. Quite a few in the Rotherham mix that you could tell rarely went to football matches, hence the attempts to create some sort of 'atmosphere' fell flat. Only really took off after we scored.
    Two young(ish) blokes standing next to me disappeared to the pub well before half-time.
    As for the game - less said the better really. O'Donnell looked culpable to me for the first - didn't commit 100% to a challenge or save.
    The midfield misfired. What has been a real strength recently looked like a bunch who had only recently got to know each other. But the real problem is still the defence. We seem to be very vulnerable to direct, pacy, small forwards. It was evident at P'boro and again last night.
    If McCarthy was there last night I think he might have left wondering what all the fuss was about. Kieffer has perhaps a couple of half chances to create something, when he needed to be a bit quicker. And that's his Achilles heel.

Thought we had overcome the defensive frailties but it appears we are still being charitable at the back

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    just seen highlights, surely their second goal should'nt have stood.
    cheating ref again?
    The referee was dire last night! The collision caused by a push on Newell into Mattock gave them a clear run at goal for their second. Comms on ifollow said that they were in row 4 of the main stand so for those listening to the game last night they can't have gotten a true reflection of the what was happening.

The amount of blocks off the ball, the pushing when the ball was in flight and the holding of runners was so blatant. He spoilt what could have been a good game, as soon as he had let players get away with it early doors Wimbledon just kept at it all game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast