+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    As soon as I heard the team news I had 2nd thoughts on my pre-match score prediction.
    Lyle Taylor & Liam Trotter in their side. Two players with something to prove.
    Taylors not scored for 21 games,
    Could he score against us ? Yup aided & abetted by poor defending once again.
    Give credit to AFC they chased everything, closing us down & us resorting to long ball to Kieffer Moore.
    As poor a 1st half I've seen, a long way down & a long way back.....£50 out of pocket as well.

Footnote : almost certain I saw Mick McCarthy there last night.
    So there lies the answer to the conversation we had on saturday casper, why your good friend doesnt go to games any longer.

Another example of getting nothing if we go behind. Unless I've missed something, we've got just two points after going behind in the last 12 months. Don't know what the opposite of 'never say die' is, but we've got it.

When we have 3 games in a week it's about rotating the players. Last night was a prime example why we are not very strong in depth
    Again I thought warnes starting 11 were the wrong ones.
    Away from home no matter who we play it needs a sitting midfielder. Neither Vaulks ball or Towell can play that roll.

Williams has been one of the better wingers but only on the right. To accommodate forde, Williams starts on the left. Why when we have Newell for the left ?

Away from home Moore is always going to be marked by 2 defenders. Without the midfield carrying the ball were going to have less possession plus it's coming back again and again.

Time for PW to learn from his mistakes. He did very sim a few week ago by not resting the knackered/old players and trying to show horn wrong players into wrong positions

I'm still a bit pissed off as we should be taking points from these type of games.. bad selection and rookie mistakes have cost us
    It's ok PW saying you can't account for mistakes or errors. It's a domino effect Paul. Put the wrong players in the wrong positions it's guna bite us in the Harris.....

Arghhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Another example of getting nothing if we go behind. Unless I've missed something, we've got just two points after going behind in the last 12 months. Don't know what the opposite of 'never say die' is, but we've got it.
    I think that it's 19 months now since we've won from a losing position.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    When we have 3 games in a week it's about rotating the players. Last night was a prime example why we are not very strong in depth
    Again I thought warnes starting 11 were the wrong ones.
    Away from home no matter who we play it needs a sitting midfielder. Neither Vaulks ball or Towell can play that roll.

Williams has been one of the better wingers but only on the right. To accommodate forde, Williams starts on the left. Why when we have Newell for the left ?

Away from home Moore is always going to be marked by 2 defenders. Without the midfield carrying the ball were going to have less possession plus it's coming back again and again.

Time for PW to learn from his mistakes. He did very sim a few week ago by not resting the knackered/old players and trying to show horn wrong players into wrong positions

I'm still a bit pissed off as we should be taking points from these type of games.. bad selection and rookie mistakes have cost us
    It's ok PW saying you can't account for mistakes or errors. It's a domino effect Paul. Put the wrong players in the wrong positions it's guna bite us in the Harris.....

Arghhhh.
    We certainly didn't play well in the first half but neither did they last night. I don't think that it was meant to be a flowing game regardless of the reeree letting everything go. I cab't remember the last time I saw so many throw ins in a game.

You're correct about Williams, he didn't look fit and was frustrated from the off. I even wrote in the matchread that I thought he was going to get booked the way he was chacing the game.
    Newell made a massive difference when he came on. Him running with the ball frightened the life out of them but he did the same not so long back and won himself a start but fluffed his lines. He should have started in front of Williams though like you say.

Wood has had his worsestist game since winning his place back. He'll be feeling shyte over hi preformance. It didn't help when PW turned the back four into a back 3. I understand why but it wasn't the game to do it in.

For the first time this season the oposition has been fitter int last 10 mins!

I only watched a few minutes in each half and it just wasn't working for us. Wimbledon played us at our own game but we didn't have the midfield stalwarts - notably Potter - for that kind of match-up. Credit to them, though, for their hard work and knowing what to do with us for long periods. As somebody mentioned our midfield was porous at times and it wasn't the kind of match for Vaulks's game. Just a shame Taylor chose this match to walk the talk. On another day the defensive errors would not have gone so badly punished.

I happened to watch some of the Man City - Napoli game a little later in the day and it struck me just how different football is at our two levels. I enjoyed the sheer skill of the Championship players but give me the "hell-for-leather; up-em-and-at-em" of League 1 any day - even when we lose!

Only watched extended highlights but it's same old story. We haven't unless Williams is firing got an outlet. Forde is same as Taylor play them on the left cause that's all they can do, cut inside to cross. They aren't wingers. Newell is inconsistent. JCH is for once I agree with Monty being treated like sh*t. If he's not better than Yates he shouldn't be here. Ball isn't a Rotherham type player. He's not direct enough. When are we going to let the leash off Bailey-King? ps before you say anything. Tell me when Forde has made a goal from open play?

Brian the Miller has just been on Radio DeeDah commenting on last night's game.... and talking a lot of sense , so was the show's presenter... blimey!

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Only watched extended highlights but it's same old story. We haven't unless Williams is firing got an outlet. Forde is same as Taylor play them on the left cause that's all they can do, cut inside to cross. They aren't wingers. Newell is inconsistent. JCH is for once I agree with Monty being treated like sh*t. If he's not better than Yates he shouldn't be here. Ball isn't a Rotherham type player. He's not direct enough. When are we going to let the leash off Bailey-King? ps before you say anything. Tell me when Forde has made a goal from open play?
    "3rd one Fordey's put a great ball into the box" - Frex on his hat-trick v Walsall. I guess you remember what you want to remember

After Newell. I thought that Forde was our next best player last night . I won't complain if he plays like that every week

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast