+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts are still 2nd in the table

Notts are still 2nd in the table

We all need to calm down.....we could lose the next two games and still be in the play-off spots

Mansfield would sell their own grandmothers to be in our position.

I got it wrong tonight predicting a 3-1 victory....but we weren't too bad....some of the stuff I'm reading on the Match Thread is completely bonkers.

In KN/AH we trust.....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    We all need to calm down.....we could lose the next two games and still be in the play-off spots

I got it wrong tonight predicting a 3-1 victory....but we weren't too bad....some of the stuff I'm reading on the Match Thread is completely bonkers.

The voice of reason.

Spot on 👍

Wasting your time with some.

I honestly cannot fathom some on here.....I would've happily settled for mid-table after last season BUT I'm loving the ride at the top of the roller-coaster

If it doesn't work out then sobeit......I lose money backing Notts......but I'm enjoying it

Maybe I'm bonkers?....no need to answer that BTW

I honestly cannot fathom some on here.....I would've happily settled for mid-table after last season BUT I'm loving the ride at the top of the roller-coaster

If it doesn't work out then sobeit......I lose money backing Notts......but I'm enjoying it

Maybe I'm bonkers?....no need to answer that BTW
    Hahahaha.......Coventry lose at home......to FGR......you couldn't even make up this sh1t........at least we managed a draw

Absolutely true. I'm disappointed by tonight's result because the team have slipped below the standards they've set for most of August and September, but we've come a long way in the space of a few months and 2nd place must be exceeding most people's expectations.

Back in 2009/10 the Munto team underachieved early on and showed its strength later in the season. This team has probably overachieved so far and a degree of levelling off is happening, but the overall aim doesn't change. First get safe, and then see how much more we can achieve. At worst, this looks like a season where we will build on what has gone before, and it could yet prove to be an unexpectedly successful one.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Absolutely true. I'm disappointed by tonight's result because the team have slipped below the standards they've set for most of August and September, but we've come a long way in the space of a few months and 2nd place must be exceeding most people's expectations.

Back in 2009/10 the Munto team underachieved early on and showed its strength later in the season. This team has probably overachieved so far and a degree of levelling off is happening, but the overall aim doesn't change. First get safe, and then see how much more we can achieve. At worst, this looks like a season where we will build on what has gone before, and it could yet prove to be an unexpectedly successful one.
    Oh, come on, you're brighter than that.

I wrote this a few days ago on the Steve Evans' thread:

It's not that the table lies but that it deceives. Just over a quarter of games played, only about half the teams played, no winter weather, clubs still sorting out their best squads and overcoming close season mistakes, enthusiasm particularly of newly promoted clubs yet to wane, match fitness levels improving, luck yet to even out.

Personally I'd be happier being Luton than Notts at the moment. But - Nolan is learning all the time and he seems keen to continue to learn, he seems very grounded and no-one can deny that 29 points on the board at this stage is awesome - 21 from safety - a point a game will leave us with a respectable 62 points. But I recall similar being said about Derry in 2014/15 when we were riding high at the end of October.

So are we THE TOP side in league 2? Probably not. Are we A TOP side in league 2 - seems as if we are getting there. Ask me again when all 46 games have been played
    My main worry from tonight is that it seemed we still lumped the ball forward when we had no target men and that seemed to give Crewe (a team we usually beat) confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I wrote this a few days ago on the Steve Evans' thread:

My main worry from tonight is that it seemed we still lumped the ball forward when we had no target men and that seemed to give Crewe (a team we usually beat) confidence.

Nolan will sort it, I have no doubt about that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast