+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts are still 2nd in the table

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I wrote this a few days ago on the Steve Evans' thread:

My main worry from tonight is that it seemed we still lumped the ball forward when we had no target men and that seemed to give Crewe (a team we usually beat) confidence.
    General tactic is to lump it forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Oh, come on, you're brighter than that.
    I think what I've said above is reasonable enough.

Put it this way, I'm bright enough - and more to the point, experienced enough watching Notts County - to know that a team's very good results in the opening two months shouldn't mean we get carried away. Several seasons in the past couple of decades have seen us get off to a flyer only to fall back dramatically later in the season, sometimes into genuine relegation trouble.

That's not to say I think we'll struggle this time. If I was putting money on it, I'd bet we have a good chance of being in the play-offs come May, but I think the astonishing start we've made has probably seen expectations rise above what is realistic. Obviously I would love to be proved wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I wrote this a few days ago on the Steve Evans' thread:

My main worry from tonight is that it seemed we still lumped the ball forward when we had no target men and that seemed to give Crewe (a team we usually beat) confidence.
    I agree , when I saw that that both the "big 2" were missing, I posted "this should be interesting".....BUT.....the tactics were the same which confused me.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think what I've said above is reasonable enough.

Put it this way, I'm bright enough - and more to the point, experienced enough watching Notts County - to know that a team's very good results in the opening two months shouldn't mean we get carried away. Several seasons in the past couple of decades have seen us get off to a flyer only to fall back dramatically later in the season, sometimes into genuine relegation trouble.

That's not to say I think we'll struggle this time. If I was putting money on it, I'd bet we have a good chance of being in the play-offs come May, but I think the astonishing start we've made has probably seen expectations rise above what is realistic. Obviously I would love to be proved wrong though!
    I've got around £200 riding on us getting automatically promoted......please don't mention the play-offs......grrrrr

Our last 4 games are relegation form with 4 points. Let's hope it's a blip.

The curse of manager of the month strikes again
    But seriously who would have thought we would be in this position after last seasons rubbish? We have to hope we are still in the top 6 or seven come January then strengthen in the areas that are lacking, mainly striker and dominant central defender or someone with a bit of creativity in midfield.
    Last edited by i961pie; 18-10-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I agree , when I saw that that both the "big 2" were missing, I posted "this should be interesting".....BUT.....the tactics were the same which confused me.

Maybe I'm missing something?
    Yes we are missing a creative midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Yes we are missing a creative midfielder.
    Liam Noble or Michael O'Connor?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Liam Noble or Michael O'Connor?
    In fact. What is the point of a creative midfielder in a team that is direct? With current tactics we need midfielders that go beyond our strikers... pick up scraps... I personally feel we have this midfielder ALREADY. But, he plays on the wing. Jorge Grant anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    In fact. What is the point of a creative midfielder in a team that is direct? With current tactics we need midfielders that go beyond our strikers... pick up scraps... I personally feel we have this midfielder ALREADY. But, he plays on the wing. Jorge Grant anyone??
    Perhaps the team is direct because they are aware that they lack a convincing midfield?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast