+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Leicester want Sean !!

love that picture TBT

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Press conference

SD: It's not the first time I've been linked elsewhere, but they are paper stories and I'm focused on what we try to achieve here."
    ..... more of the same Story in Burnley Express

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/...link-1-8812788
    hasn't exactly taken himself out of the running with that response.... .

but we see a little more in the Lester Mercury....oddly missing from the Burnley Echo

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sp...linking-652585

says S.D “You’re flattered by it, It’s some form of recognition of the work done". - odd really....to be flattered by paper talk.

he goes on to say...."Only two things can happen to a manager, you move for a good reason or people get bored with you or lose, and then you’re out".

well were not losing and not many are bored so....that leaves "you move for a good reason" - then theres a third - You Stay ?

and whats all this about "It’s out of my hands. - whats out of his hands....if he says it's all paper talk and means there's little he can do to stop it...then it's still well within his hands to end all the falsity with a simple statement - but it can't end there....you need to go on to say, something like - "anyway I wouldn't be interested, theres more to do here".....etc etc - otherwise all you've done is feed it - it continues.

and....."But it’s come from the media, not me".....and not from Lester ?

if S.D wanted to end all the meaningless gossip - then that was a very poor response......imo.

Cheers.

Norder
    It doesn’t shut the door, in fact it leaves it open. I would expect him to find out more if they do come for him.
    Then I hope he researches the club and reads the Telegraph article on the dysfunctional outfit above the coach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...e-must-wonder/

Asked if he would rule himself out of contention to take over at Leicester, Dyche said: “I don’t need to do that because I’ve been here five years.

“I’ve had this conversation maybe 10 times over the last couple of years. I’m still here, so I just get on with it. Whatever will be, will be.”

“These are questions about a story that is completely out of my hands.”

A bit like Come and get me!,
    Last edited by oldcolner; 19-10-2017 at 09:13 PM.

The next headline re- Dyche will be "Dyche for Everton " after their shameful performance tonight..

You could be right Alf
    Koeman looking under the cosh, Keane looking like a Championship player, Williams should have gone, a right shambles

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    You could be right Alf
    Koeman looking under the cosh, Keane looking like a Championship player, Williams should have gone, a right shambles
    Damn, you beat me too it.

If the Leicester job doesn’t pan out, the Everton gig may be up for grabs shortly considering the Everton board recently gave Koeman the dreaded ‘stamp of approval’.

No point worrying about it, every time the manager of a PL club or a 'big' Championship club, loses his job Sean will be linked with it, probably made favourite for it. One day he'll go, might be soon, might be years down the line, no one knows so no point fretting about it, just enjoy it while he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't know how you can say "there's nothing magical about BFC" sinkov.

Almost all of my "magical memories" have involved either Burnley Football Club or the postman bringing my four different decree nisi sets of paperwork.

Arthur Gnohere smashing Preston, Blake's volley against Man U, Glen Little skipping, Brian O'Neill tackling, Frank Casper slotting, Paul Fletcher leaping, Willie Irvine netting, Andy Lochhead heading, Wembley x 4, 3 x Premier League visits and Citeh away on Saturday. It's magical to me.

I still live in a mental age when Motown was just hitting the UK, Northern Soul was in my blood and this lot represented my universe...

Attachment 6907
    You misunderstand BT, what I'm saying is there's nothing magical about the club that'll keep us in the PL once Sean has gone. He's the magician, once he goes his magic goes and down we go, the next manager's job will be like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

As always sinkov I beg to differ. Garlick, Flood, Holt, Nelson etc. may not be everybody's cup of tea but when you are lucky enough to be allowed behind the scenes, we have some great people all working together at Burnley Football Club.

Sean Dyche is a marvellous figurehead and a brilliant front man, I even mentioned recently that I think he even excels Harry Potts in his achievements during his five years and that is incredible.

We have a brilliant CEO in Dave Baldwin, a man who constantly impresses the phook out of me. He will have contingency plans in place, of that I am certain.

We are not a one man band, I love SD but if he goes he goes. Personally I do not think he will, the man is intelligent, honest as they come and is blessed with a personal bedrock built on an ocean of integrity.

It will have to be a better organisation than Leicester City are to tempt Sean Dyche away from Turf Moor. Stop worrying?

The Everton job would tick all the boxes though!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)