+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Leicester want Sean !!

It doesn't matter who we have behind the scenes BT, they won't be running the football side of it and that's what keeps us in this division. It doesn't matter how well organised they are, if the manager who isn't the equal of Dyche isn't out there they can't appoint him. The only one I see is Allardyce, and there's no guarantee he'd be interested, or even available when we need him.

I agree that Sean's achievements exceed Harry's, no disrespect to Harry, but he took over a team that only had to be lifted half a dozen places to win the League, it wasn't a massive leap forward. On the other hand Sean has done something that most would have thought impossible.

I do agree with you though that Sean will be staying put. He's put five years hard work into BFC and he's just starting to see the fruits of his labours, why would he want to start all over again somewhere else ? He has job security, or as near to it as he's ever going to get in football, a sound relationship with the board, almost hero worship from the fans, respect from the media and everyone involved in the game, a team on the improve and money to spend. For a football manager life doesn't get much better than Sean has it right now at BFC, and like you BT, I'm sure Sean has the good sense to know this and act accordingly.

On the Everton job, I'm sure he would have been watching Keane getting ripped up for arse paper playing for Everton last night, and contemplating the risks involved in moving from little old Burnley to a much 'bigger' club. Who currently sleeps best at night, Dyche and Tarko or Keane and Koeman ? As the glorious Mrs Thatcher used to say,

'Better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse'.

I'm sure Sean will see it that way as well.

Perhaps we need to be creative and offer him a bonus of say 20% of the league place bonus at the end of the season.
    At 400k a place he could do very nicely. He has to stay to May to get it though.
    Something like that would kill off mid season approaches.

If Ally Campbell has put his spin on it- then we know for sure what we already know- SD is not going to Leicester

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Perhaps we need to be creative and offer him a bonus of say 20% of the league place bonus at the end of the season. At 400k a place he could do very nicely. He has to stay to May to get it though. Something like that would kill off mid season approaches.
    Why should, or indeed would we be foolish enough to lose Sean Dyche just for the cost of employing him? If he wanted to move elsewhere for a new challenge, or bigger/higher profile club then fair enough, good luck to the bloke but it would be ludicrous to lose our best Manager in forty-odd years (perhaps ever?) just for a few quid in salary and bonuses.
    Back in the days when I worked for a living I managed construction projects, my speciality became turning around ones that were going to rat**** and a regular point of contention was my often poaching/bringing in new Site Managers, by paying them two, three, even five grand a year over and above the going rate/company pay grade for the job; my argument was invariably that those lads were a bargain and only neded to finish the project one week earlier or make just one less cock-up during the course of a year to cover the additional wage bill. I'd apply that same logic to retaining Sean Dyche:
    I've no hard figures, but I get the impression that the club's top-earning players are perhaps pulling down £40-£50k a week? Even amongst the smaller budget clubs, we're perhaps the only one in the EPL without at least one or two players earning substantially more than that and virtually all of those clubs are currently below us in the table; so why should Leicester reputedly offering £2-2.5 million a year in wages be a threat to us? We allow Dyche leave because he's too expensive, then employ A N Other to replace him for only £1 million a year, but come January this new manager insists that we need to spend £60-80 million quid on two or three £75-£80,000 a week players just to keep us in the EPL; giving SD an extra £2 million a year to stay would then look like small change.

The way of the world is that football players generally earn far more than football managers, but can you think of a single Burnley player whose continued presence at the club you consider to be more ***** to our EPL success than Sean Dyche's? As an added bonus, you're not even setting a precedent, we've only one Manager on the books, so unlike paying a player what might be considered 'over the odds' to come/stay, you're not risking a subsequent chain reaction of every other player on the squad saying: "Hang on, if you're paying him that much, then I want..."
    Last edited by afloatinclaret; 22-10-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    Damn, you beat me too it.

If the Leicester job doesn’t pan out, the Everton gig may be up for grabs shortly considering the Everton board recently gave Koeman the dreaded ‘stamp of approval’.

After today’s clueless effort, Koeman looked like he knew he was off, so maybe we have now to worry about Everton. Maybe it’s just as well we didn’t beat City or Sean’s stock would have been sky high. With Appleton winning maybe they will calm down and see what happens!

I could envisage Everton and Dyche being a perfect fit.

A worrying week ahead methinks!

he wont go to everton-

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    he wont go to everton-
    I have a sneaky feeling he will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Oh hello,come on then what have you heard? Spill the beans or stop being so Phookin mellow dramatic TEC

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I have to agree with Everton being a decent fit for Dyche. Their squad includes the type of players Dyche could mould into an upper end club, no ‘prima donnas’ worth mentioning………….Rooney excluded but he’s way past his ‘best before’ date.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)