+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - FAO of the Editor

OT - FAO of the Editor

Dear Mr Bloomer, I'm glad to see you make a contribution.

1 small request, the 2 sticky warnings at the top - can it be moved away from the top? Maybe put it as an Admin message which is separate from the threads?

Plus is there really a need for 2 sticky warnings? Can't it be amalgamated into 1?

It's just a suggestion, maybe a poll of other users might show whether there is support or wont of it?

But I think it does not look nice to always see the first 2 threads being warnings. IMO it's an eye-sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Dear Mr Bloomer, I'm glad to see you make a contribution.

1 small request, the 2 sticky warnings at the top - can it be moved away from the top? Maybe put it as an Admin message which is separate from the threads?

Plus is there really a need for 2 sticky warnings? Can't it be amalgamated into 1?

It's just a suggestion, maybe a poll of other users might show whether there is support or wont of it?

But I think it does not look nice to always see the first 2 threads being warnings. IMO it's an eye-sore.
    Agree entirely, but there's a lot more that warrants the editor's attention imo and frankly, there's more chance of a reply from Santa.

Hi RA, Mr Claus hear, don't forget to send your present requests as early as possible if you want to have them delivered by Christmas.

If that fails, try the Easter Bunny after Lent.

Too much 'Wit son'!!

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit

Someone said I was a shining wit once, though I may have misheard.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree entirely, but there's a lot more that warrants the editor's attention imo and frankly, there's more chance of a reply from Santa.
    Will look into your complaint and amend as needed.

Right posters I have removed one of the warning notices at the top of the messageboard. For now I will leave the original in place and I have just added my own thoughts and additions.

Hopefully now we can all just post about footy matters, with original posts and without trolling, sniping, or getting HQ involved. They (HQ) have told me they intend to take action if the problems carry on, and by that they mean global bans, which will remove you from the footymad network.

So let's all play nice out there !

Which is fine if the actions are taken against all posters who break the rules and on a consistent basis, if on the other hand blatant rule breaches by one poster are ignored whilst others are sanctioned then Footymad will just be hastening its own demise.

Agreed Swale - rules are there for all, with noone being immune. For the last month one poster has been exempt from rules on swear filter, spamming, plagiarism libel and multiple accounts. Rules have to be applied fairly and blind eyes not turned, otherwise respect for the authority of moderation will fall below its already desperately low level.

Thanks Bloomer. Hopefully you take a more hands on approach.

Just 1 additional thing.
    The moderator has warned creating threads complaining about stuff is disruptive" especially when it's the moderation that's also a severe cause of the problem.
    We ask for an additional mod and get accused of being mates with the nominee.
    I think most find this absurd.

The very reason threads are created is to highlight and gauge whether the complaint is fair and entails relevant support. Rather than the user who may have a bone to pick quietly complaining.

I think this carries far more weight. All you have to do is look at it. Give your reasons and if it's really frivolous then delete it.
    Why is there a need to take to task the complainant?
    It's rather strange that the whistleblowers are caution while the culprits are let off scot-free

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomeram View Post
    Will look into your complaint and amend as needed.
    Wow...'they said there'd be snow at Christmas, they said there'd be peace on earth'....

Not sure I want you to 'amend' my complaint (Freudian slip?), just like you to acknowledge and respond. Thanks.

It remains to be seen whether the rules will be applied without favour to all posters who transgress.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    And we all know that the bloke who works at the fish & chip shop and who looks like Elvis, hes the one who plays Santa every year.
    I see its still unsteady waters on here, will this board calm down again anytime soon ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And we all know that the bloke who works at the fish & chip shop and who looks like Elvis, hes the one who plays Santa every year.
    I see its still unsteady waters on here, will this board calm down again anytime soon ?.
    Maybe you guys should make Acido a guest Mod here. He's the kind of Mod that's needed. Cool and calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Maybe you guys should make Acido a guest Mod here. He's the kind of Mod that's needed. Cool and calm.
    Oohh that sounds like a challenge Romanis, its an interesting idea though isnt it ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 21-10-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Oohh that sounds like a challenge Romanis, its an interesting idea though isnt it ?.
    Am I missing something? We've now seem to have a Forest fan and a Tyke suggesting our mods!
    Anyway...he comes from Yorkshire and is thus disqualified...someone like him though...yes please.
    Just out of interest Acido, how was your 'election' organised?

Ask him if he has had an election lately?

Or if he needs Viagla

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast