+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - FAO of the Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Again, with respect and not wishing to monopolise the thread, that doesn't entirely make sense.
    On the one hand you suggest there is 'no real reason to have moderators' while on the other you state that 'there was a real need to have them'.

Either way, the mods we have were, as you say, appointed by the people on the message board at the time. They are not necessarily the people who are around now, most of whom appear seriously dissatisfied with the current situation.
    Can appreciate your 'too many cooks' scenario, however in the current circumstances it surely makes sense to replace those who no longer appear involved or to have the respect of the forum members with someone who does.
    Ironically the "too many cooks" argument applies to moderator Chris who both no longer posts and is, as I recall, a cook!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomeram View Post
    Show me this post and he will be banned, along with anyone else who keeps up this play ground trolling...............The moderators and myself are fed up with trying to sort this childish bickering out. We are on the verge of banning All of you in a the hope the board will recover to some football chat, banter without all the rest of the baggage you lot insist on using day after day.
    I believe the posts are mentioned in post no 28. 3 clear examples of plagiarism over the past 5 days including libel.
    I know I'm a guest here and am not here to stir things up. However I'm still a member of FM and have a right to post on any board provided I follow the rules.
    But when I see that the rules are not applied fairly, I believe as a FM member I have a right to raise it unless you prefer me to write to HQ?
    The thing which is riling everybody, which has become repetitive, is because NO SANCTION against this user has been taken.
    You gave a general warning last week, and Rats apparently has also mentioned this - no plagiarism or libel, even to the said user.
    And since your warning last week, he has posted the 3 articles listed in post 28.
    This has happened time and time again. All warnings by you are ignored, rules are broken and every time after something like this happens, a thread of protests, there is always this answer, okay, line drawn, we will ban next time. However as I repeat, this has been the same pattern and again we see your warn and promise of sanction NEXT TIME, thus no one has much confidence in the moderating team.

All you have to do is look at those 3 posts and take the necessary action.

Spoken like a true mod AF ...makes a change from, 'I'm now going to close the thread and you'll all be banned' anyway.
    Perfectly happy to 'move on'. Hopefully 'he who must never be challenged' can remain in his new improved form but I believe, guest or not, Romanis is right in what he says.
    This isn't some sort of 'Simon says' game where we all have to blindly follow the leader, and if things get out of hand again then I suspect they will be challenged again however unpopular that may make some posters with the mods.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-10-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    With respect Bloomer I honestly feel you're being untypically unfair.
    There's been plenty of 'football chat' recently, it's just that most of those responsible for that chat have also been mightily fed up for months with the behaviour of one particular poster and one particular mod and it's no coincidence that so many on here feel the same way.
    I'll happily concede that the poster concerned has been much more adult and much better behaved towards others in recent days. Perhaps someone has had a 'word' about the endless plagiarism and fantasy reporter stuff etc. If so that's great, live and let live, but it took bloomin' long enough and a great many people, including new and responsible posters such as MadAmster and Whiteram have possibly been lost along the way.
    To say people have been 'trolling' one poster just isn't true. He's behaved objectionably imo on many occasions and people have, in the absence of any responsible moderation, reacted...sometimes possibly over reacted, but it is quite unprecedented in my experience for one poster to manage to wind so many people up in circumstances such as these.
    People honestly don't know what to do. Rats said...'write to HQ'...'write to Bloomer'. I, for one, did. HQ passed it on to you, you eventually asked for more details, were provided with them in a personal message and then didn't even offer the courtesy of a reply.
    So what else can one do in such circumstances? Fight your own corner is I suppose the best answer and that's what many have been doing. It would all be so much better if we had just one active and capable mod and for Rats to say what he does in post #27 about mods not needing to be active in order to know what's happening is just nonsense. It's no use knowing what's happening if nothing positive is done. For a mod to have any credibility they need to be seen to be regularly engaged in the forum and have a reputation for fairness. Both these qualities have, again imo, been sadly lacking on this forum for some considerable time.

P.S. Playing the 'youngsters and women might be reading' card really won't work, however well intentioned. Wasn't this the site that was advocating gambling a few weeks ago. Seems to me that gambling has caused an awful lot more heartache than a bit of 'language' and in 2017 it's verging on the ***ist to suggest that women might be offended.
    Bloomer has reiterated what I have been telling you for so long about Mod and all actions are agreed.

I think you'll find it was Romanis that posted up the details to contact HQ and tried to coax people to do it. I cant stop people doing that if that's their wish but as bloomer has said they are now aware of the level of trolling and its put weight behind us having to clean it up.

WhiteRam is posting just under their original name and MadAmster is still posting. Before we started getting rid of the trolling we had no new memebers for many months and those that tried got trolled off the board.

And finally those of you complaining about the same poster you have been told to put them on ignore so you don't have to read their stuff ..... but you choose not to. Hit ignore and 'your problem' goes away.... Don't and you are considered the antagonist to not back away when you can.

Name:  downloadmonkey.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  7.3 KB

None so blind as those who will not see RR..............................If you get my meaning.

You try to antagonise by any means possible, hence our current problem with the board. When I try and clean everything up so everyone can have a decent experience on the MB, you come back with this wind up for the Moderators.

I am sure your clique will be rolling about the floor at the photo, but it only goes to show who are the protagonist on this messageboard.............

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomeram View Post
    None so blind as those who will not see RR..............................If you get my meaning.

You try to antagonise by any means possible, hence our current problem with the board. When I try and clean everything up so everyone can have a decent experience on the MB, you come back with this wind up for the Moderators.

I am sure your clique will be rolling about the floor at the photo, but it only goes to show who are the protagonist on this messageboard.............
    UH? I was illustrating "Ignore" (and in so doing agreeing with Rattea) which is what I have been trying to do regarding the particular poster in question. I wasn't aware that I had a clique, but its nice to know I'm loved . Why however do you think it is a wind up of the moderators??? Please explain

I do not deny my status as protagonist as regards a poster who consistently breaks the rules, and understand that, rather like the footballer who retaliates to provocation, I am likely to be the one booked whilst the original sin is ignored.

"When I try and clean everything up so everyone can have a decent experience on the MB, you come back with this wind up for the Moderators."

Out of interest, what has been done to try and clean things up? I took a month sabbatical from the board because I was fed up with one poster seeming to be above the rules, and when I came back it was still no different? So how can it all be my fault? I think you are missing the elephant in the room if you believe all the ills belong at my door - if it was all down to me how come I have been here for 10 years or so without the same crisis of membership emerging?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    Bloomer has reiterated what I have been telling you for so long about Mod and all actions are agreed.

And finally those of you complaining about the same poster you have been told to put them on ignore so you don't have to read their stuff ..... but you choose not to. Hit ignore and 'your problem' goes away.... Don't and you are considered the antagonist to not back away when you can.

Ok I just want to clarify a few things just make sure I get this right.

1. All actions are agreed by Mods even those who have not posted in months

2. All posts by DDD or whatever new ID he decides is to be ignored.

3. If we don't ignore and complain - we are antagonistic.

Therefore I put this to you and everyone that from this I can conclude:

The 3 threads listed in Post 28

Which include libel and plagiarism - is perfectly acceptable.

And the Keogh post yesterday which is clearly plagiarised from here:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/10/...source=Twitter

Is also acceptable. And that I or anyone have no right to reply, complain or point out only to ignore. If not it is antagonistic.

Is this correct?
    Please confirm, because failing which it leaves me little choice but to ask HQ for their views and to contact the said websites and inform them of the plagiarism with a view to contact FM or whatever action they deem fit.

To you it may be antagonistic of me. In fact I don't care what anyone thinks, right is right, wrong is wrong. To me plagiarism on this scale is totally wrong and I cannot stomach it. Unless of course the said websites reply to me that they are alright with this plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    "When I try and clean everything up so everyone can have a decent experience on the MB, you come back with this wind up for the Moderators."

Out of interest, what has been done to try and clean things up? I took a month sabbatical from the board because I was fed up with one poster seeming to be above the rules, and when I came back it was still no different? So how can it all be my fault? I think you are missing the elephant in the room if you believe all the ills belong at my door - if it was all down to me how come I have been here for 10 years or so without the same crisis of membership emerging?
    I didn't say it was all your fault, just that you could help the situation by not putting up puerile pictures designed to have a dig at the mods.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)