+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players to offload in january?

Players to offload in january?

Carruthers - Good squad player but think he will wanna move and go down south.
    Hanson - Not good enough.
    Lavery - Behind Sharp, Clarke, Donaldson, Brooks, Ched and probably sign someone.

none.

we've built the correct sized squad for a long hard championship season. Only move 1 out AFTER we have brought in a higher quality player to the starting 11 (and that bit is easier said than done)

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    none.

we've built the correct sized squad for a long hard championship season. Only move 1 out AFTER we have brought in a higher quality player to the starting 11 (and that bit is easier said than done)
    ...Playing devils advocate here but, should we be in a similar position come January,what moves do we,as a Club make....Try and keep what we have but with better terms for players, or, raise the bar and look to increase the talent level...Interesting position for the Club to be in...

Caruthers is Duffy’s only like for like replacement, Hanson could still be useful in certain games and hasn’t really had a chance, and Lavery is a one of a kind out of our strikers and a good impact sub.

Hanson to some Lg1 team that needs a boost of his type of play,just like we did.

Only part with others if a better quality replacement is available.

Only Hanson for me as I think Donaldson covers that now but I wouldn't be averse to him staying just in case as Colin once said you can never have too many strikers,the main target in Jan is to keep those playing well which is pretty much everyone but especially the chosen one

Hanson
    Heneghan on loan
    Lavery on loan
    Thomas on loan

As long as we sign one or two new attacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Cole will hopefully come in and as a sweetner we could offer Lavery on loan.
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Caruthers is Duffy’s only like for like replacement, Hanson could still be useful in certain games and hasn’t really had a chance, and Lavery is a one of a kind out of our strikers and a good impact sub.
    Good post Gray. Nature will take its course, In Wilder we trust, There isn't just CW watching our squad players as they are being monitored mentally as well as physically by people at the club who get payed a lot of money for doing what they do.

Hanson was not bought for the championship but he still would relish a chance at this level and I always look at Lavery and think that there is still more to come from the lad.

I really like Carruthers and his natural ability is up there within the club and I feel that if he was more consistent and not just an impact player he would sometimes get the nod over others in midfield or even as a wide player.

As long as they are happy then lets keep em for the interim as if we maintain our top 6 status we should be able to attract better quality players anyway which then would deem the players mentioned effective bargaining tools to move forward,

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Don't disagree. To move forward we need to be continually rebuilding. Most important signings are ensuring Blackman and CCV are here for the rest of the year so that they don't go back to their clubs for a week or two like EEL did last January. Hanson will move on he was off to S****horpe before Cole's 11th hour transfer collapsed. Cole will hopefully come in and as a sweetner we could offer Lavery on loan.

Carruthers is not getting game time and Lundstram seems to have moved in front of him. Charlton will be interested as Robinson's his old boss. Would be good to tell Robinson to do one after he pillocked us over the Holmes saga. More realistically a loan back to MK Dons. I see Brooks as more of a replacement for Duffy although more than happy for them both to be playing in the same team as two number 10's. Carruthers could be replaced by Leonard if we are still after him. A box to box player and useful addition. Whiteman on loan as part of the deal.

We will have gained a good reputation with premier league clubs by bringing on Blackman and CCV. A young pacy winger on loan would add something that we don't currently have. Wouldn't be averse to us taking a young striker on loan either like Wilson from Man United. You can never have enough forwards.
    Carruthers & Lundstram are totally different types of player, like chalk & cheese. We have a pacy winger in Thomas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast