+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If it is true

I'm in agreement that we will only ever be also-rans under Ashley.
    He's stated his case of letting the club generate the disposable income and for that to be spent on the team/squad/staff.

Basically speaking we keep a well run club that can tread water and have the occasional flirt with the top half of the premier league and potential scrapes at the wrong end, yet still remain pretty solid as a running club.

I want more than that.
    I want the chance to compete at the very top, based purely on the size of the club and city and fans of it and around it.
    I want to see speculation for accumulation in terms of educated gambles for the betterment.
    I want to see owners who are willing to take a few hits in order to get things right.
    I want to see top players giving us some exciting football.

I really do want to see all that happen.
    It would be exciting.

If this Amanda Staveley and co can set this in motion with a long term attitude, then we have an excellent chance of actually being put firmly on that map and actually staying there.

Maybe this is the kick start the north of England needs...starting with Newcastle United.

Sir John Hall and co took a calculated risk and nearly managed some success... and can be looked on as a sort of success compared to what we endured previously. However, when Abramovich and co came in, there was no way in hell that Hall and co could compete, no matter what money they could muster...but this time it's a different (potential) matter, because we are attempting to play ball under similar circumstances to those big hitters, potentially.

As it stands right now it's a case of, what's not to like?

Hate Ashley for as many reasons as you can muster if you want to but keep in mind one major thing.
    This sale (potential sale) is in the offing because the club is in a stable condition with everything in place to actually just move ahead with player tweaking and not much else to get in order.

When you take a look around at most other football clubs, you realise that, although our club isn't ripping up trees, it is in a better position to soldier on long term than many who have or are shooting their bolt.

who are you pressuming takes over ghost

if it was venkys brotherin law would you be so trusting

the truth is no one knows anything about this women

we dont know the other 3

and bear in mind if anyone can phuck this deal up

ash can

he will sell not to the best for the club

but the best for him

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

I want more than that.
    I want the chance to compete at the very top, based purely on the size of the club and city and fans of it and around it.
    I want to see speculation for accumulation in terms of educated gambles for the betterment.
    I want to see owners who are willing to take a few hits in order to get things right.
    I want to see top players giving us some exciting football.
    I really do want to see all that happen.
    It would be exciting.
    Well said, i think we all want more.

Lets hope the new owners - assuming it happens (yes i'm very cynical about it) want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

we dont know the other 3

ash can

but the best for him
    Absolutely bang on with that

anyone think it wierd that the press are all over mandy - quoting this that and other about what shes doing and her intentions etc

yet nothing about the other supposed 4 interested parties

a) either mandy is the decoy to keep people off the real scent

or

b) the others only exist as a fiment if the fat contrillers mins

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    anyone think it wierd that the press are all over mandy - quoting this that and other about what shes doing and her intentions etc

or

i would say the other 4 are more realistic buyers than her

she is looking for a return
    june
    why have none of the parties quick to set up boycotts and supporter groups not got anything together for the fans or the city to buy the club

I'm not really presuming anything to be totally honest. I'm merely hinging what I say on a BUT and a I WONDER and the old IF.
    Simply speaking..BUT what if the new owner turns out to be better for long term and I WONDER where we could end up if this turns out to be the case and IF Amanda Staveley and co are the one's, then hopefully they are in long term for the betterment of them and ultimately us.

Not at all.
    I'm never so trusting with any of this. I have to keep a positive feeling and attitude.
    The second anyone like those people walked in is when I'd be thinking on the old better the devil we all knew, as I mentioned before.
    I'm not an Ashley hater and I can see both sides of the story with his tenure...good and bad.
    This is why I mention that any takeover has to be a long term forward strategy and not just a fly by night job with a smile then a long term hideous demise.

we dont know the other 3
    You're right but what we do know is, she's clever are making money or dealing with it. If She takes on the Newcastle job then her schemes have to coincide with the success of the club on the playing side, which means the whole set up has to be top notch.
    If she takes it on she's doing it because it's probably one of the few clubs that actually don't require a full on decoration and structural revamp. And also this club will certainly stand out on all factors because unlike London clubs, it's not sandwiched in between other clubs.

ash can

but the best for him
    I think he really wants out. I also think he's leaving the club in a healthy state.
    I don't think he has any intentions of effing anything up.
    He came in all guns blazing, at a time when most of the bigger clubs were in their own midst of being sugar daddied.
    He soon realised he couldn't compete in the big stakes and decided to go the careful way which back-fired and blah blah blah and so on and so on....we all know the score.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about all of this.
    I'll worry if we get took over and find that we start doing a Q.P.R has been recruitment drive....however, I highly doubt any of that will happen...but let's see.

High hopes and big smiles is the order of the day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post

or

I did see this article as well.

I think it's more the press are running with whatever their imaginations can come up with.

i would say the other 4 are more realistic buyers than her

she is looking for a return
    june
    why have none of the parties quick to set up boycotts and supporter groups not got anything together for the fans or the city to buy the club
    because it is unrealistic for the fans to be able to buy the club and run it

Who owns Barcelona and many German sides

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)